Application: Thanatos

What game are you applying for?
New World

What is your character name?
Thanatos - Megathan - Supathan - KingThanatos - whichever one is available

Why do you want to join UDL?
I had heard some good things from people over the years. I’m looking for a guild that values GvG and PvP. A collective group that is looking for challenging group pvp. I’m not a player that enjoys alot of PvE. I play MMOs for the group engaging PvP challenge, and I actively look to seek that out.

How did you find out about our guild?
I saw that UDL was going to be pretty active in Crowfall so I decided that was where I was going to go. On the forums and in alpha/beta

Describe your past MMO experiences
OH boy, Here we go
These are my favorites,
Ultima online - launch through trammel release
DAOC
Lineage II
Age of Conan
Shadowbane - Beta through servers going offline, Emu, then some with the latest chinese servers
Guild Wars 2 - 2+years, All WvW and GvG
Archage - 3-4 different servers
Black Desert
Crowfall

I have played a ton more, but didn’t stay all that long,
Warcraft - beta to post 30 days launch - only arena pvp, wasn’t fun
Everquest
Wildstar
Vanguard - good game, company dumped it though

Do you have anything to prove you are an exceptional gamer?
I haven’t been one to document my gaming history. I started killing people online before long before all that came into play. I am one of the original founders of ODB in shadowbane and we have played on many servers. Long story but ODB isn’t around anymore. I’m also not one to run his mouth on forums. I have some previous guild history, but not much from the last 5 years since we have had a pretty bad mmo dry spell and i’ve been raising kids.

Do you have a member of UDL who can vouch for you?

What is your preferred play style?
PvP - Small Scale: true
PvP - Large Scale: true
Crafting/Gathering: false
Questing/Raiding: false

Tell us a little about yourself.
Age 43 - I’ve been doing this since I got to college. I’m one of those guys that can’t ever get away from the rush of the only group pvp. I’m an engineer and I play late at night, central to around 2am. so consider me a west coaster. I put together mega spreadsheets to exploit any small advantage I can to gain a competitive edge. This also has made me really good at auction house warfare. If there is an auction house I usually have more money than I know what to do with and I literally have tried to pay to equip my friends to form spec groups that I wanted to try. I am very competitive but I have more brain power than time.
I play healers usually because in most games its the most challenging and important part of a group.

Which is your strongest pillar? Which is your weakest?
Strongest - Respect - I’ve never been one to cause issues and I know about running a guild. That still one part that stings is how my guild of friends have gone away from MMOs. I’ll always have ODB with me as its part of my history and where I came from.

Weakest - Honor - In the sense that I don’t care about status.