Application: syntyche

What game are you applying for?
Crowfall

What is your character name?
Syntyche

Why do you want to join UDL?
This fall I’m going to become a father, and I expect that’s going to change quite a few priorities in my life and, among many other things, cut back a bit on my gaming time. UDL appeals to me as a chance to be part of something bigger by providing what I can - whether that’s scheduling to make a big siege night one evening or using some downtime during the day to gather some extra materials to store in the guild. The size is also a big appeal - it means that I’m more likely to have guildmates on to play or chat with at any given time. I also really appreciate the UDL “shared history” - the twenty years across games, lore, and ethos.

How did you find out about our guild?
A friend of mine (monestri, also applied) had been doing some research on various guilds and found UDL based on your success in the previous Crowfall campaigns.

Describe your past MMO experiences
I think “Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past” is probably the first game where I would consider myself “a gamer”. Even now, it’s still one of my favorites to go back and replay on a quiet Saturday. Within the MMO space, I’ve dabbled in quite a few (from Everquest to WoW to Star Citizen) but the ones that I think I’ve enjoyed the most are the MUD “Dragon Realms” and “Eve Online”. I’m a fairly social player, so most guilds I’ve joined in the past are either because I had friends there or met people I enjoyed playing with and joined their guild.

Do you have anything to prove you are an exceptional gamer?
In the past, I’ve earned achievements in WoW like “AoTC”, when I read this question, my mind is drawn back to the early aughts to my first Uber kills in Diablo 2. It took a friend and I weeks of planning and preparation to get ourselves into shape to stand a chance, back in a time when there were no authoritative guides or sources of information. Everything we learned was either through or own experience or shared by other players. It’s something I’m hoping to get to experience again in the smaller format of Crowfall.

Do you have a member of UDL who can vouch for you?

What is your preferred play style?
PvP - Small Scale: true
PvP - Large Scale:
Crafting/Gathering: true
Questing/Raiding:

Tell us a little about yourself.
Outside of gaming, music is my main hobby, both in terms of creation and consumption. I’m dabbling at learning piano and bass guitar and occasionally try my hand at producing songs. My favorite genre is jazz, though my wife and I will sit and just listen to anything from country to electronic together.

Which is your strongest pillar? Which is your weakest?
While I think Professionalism comes quite easily for me, the pillar of honor really resonates with me on a personal level - I believe strongly in the power of words and that we have an obligation to use them to build one another up.

Honestly, I believe that dedication will be where I struggle the most. Gaming is something I enjoy, but it is just that - while I love learning and growing, I do have other priorities in my life and I may not be able to make every guild meeting or siege night.