Application: ShondiinNizhoni

What game are you applying for?
Star Atlas

What is your character name?
Shondiin

Why do you want to join UDL?
I played EVE Online years ago and enjoyed it quite a bit, but I never really found a home. Conversely, I played over a thousand hours of Destiny and Destiny 2 (including plenty of visits to the lighthouse), and having a clan made the game much more fun and helped me stick with it. If Star Atlas is as good as I hope it will be, I know I will get that much more out of it by being a part of a committed and active community. UDL in particular seems well-organized and committed to a set of ideals, which I respect.

How did you find out about our guild?
The pinned post in the Star Atlas discord, which had a level of professionalism and detail that the others lacked.

Describe your past MMO experiences

• Magic: the Gathering (multiple Pro Tour appearances, one cash)
  • Over a thousand hours in each of Destiny and Destiny II with probably 50+ lighthouse trips (pvp achievement).
  • Raid sherpa for my clan (including detailed ppt references for the team to explain more complex encounters.)
  • Division & Division 2 experience, including lots of time in the Dark Zone (pvp)
  • Experience with EVE Online and WoW (unguilded)
  • wotMUD…years and years ago

Do you have anything to prove you are an exceptional gamer?
I edited and published the following videos:

Destiny stats:

I’m more of a “glue guy” than perpetual kills leader, but I know how to listen, follow instructions and play my role well.

Do you have a member of UDL who can vouch for you?

What is your preferred play style?
PvP - Small Scale: true
PvP - Large Scale:
Crafting/Gathering: true
Questing/Raiding: true

Tell us a little about yourself.
42yo IT professional. Used to run D&D campaigns by myself as a young kid bc my older brother wouldn’t play with me and I couldn’t find a play group. Love fantasy, reading, films and above all, gaming. A few years ago I made a game prototype based on trucking and monopoly. Lots of unfinished coding projects. Most recently wasting hours in Valheim building extravagant bases and unnecessary structures, so I guess I have a bit of a creative streak. I speak French. Related to the question below, Professionalism is the most important pillar to me (vs. my strongest), as I expect to be treated with the respect I give to others and am not looking to be screamed at, etc.

Which is your strongest pillar? Which is your weakest?
My strongest pillar is Dedication. I’m the guy who will pour a few hours into mining if that’s what the guild needs, but I’ll also spend the time to figure out how to optimize in-game processes (min/max) and take the time to help and teach others when needed.

My weakest pillar is Loyalty. If I see behavior I think is wrong, like bullying or unfair treatment of others, I am unlikely to actively support it. However, I have a strong sense of Professionalism and would respect the process even if I wasn’t 100% aligned with it.