Application: sashi

What game are you applying for?
Crowfall

What is your character name?
sashi

Why do you want to join UDL?
I was in another guild but it was too large to be organized at a level I felt comfortable with. I don’t have ill feelings towards them as people, but I wanted to find something a little smaller – without sacrificing too many numbers so that you can’t win. I’m still friends with a few of them, but hopefully can look forward to killing them in a few days time. PVP game after all!

I also wanted to join an environment where player skill is rewarded and am confident that I can perform to the standards here.

How did you find out about our guild?
I was in another guild previously within the Dreg, I noticed your guild through the standings and also from fighting you throughout the previous few days. I chose to google your name and from there I liked what I saw.

Describe your past MMO experiences
Decades of gaming experience, about a single decade of hardcore MMO experience with casual experience prior. I’ve played quite a few titles, but my two titles with thousands of hours in each are Guild Wars 2 (90% inside World vs World, 3000 hrs) and World of Warcraft (Mythic raid experience, WoW was always my PvE game. Created and led a guild at classic launch through Molten Core, player retention was an issue however and we ended up splitting. 2500 hrs)

I play an obscene amount of Overwatch, Counterstrike and other shooters. I used to play silly amounts of Dota 2 and League of Legends as well. I am drawn to games where I can be competitive.

In Crowfall I am playing ranged DPS characters, currently feel comfortable on both Stormcaller and Fanatic. I do prefer the Fanatic. I am also the type to donate 100% of anything I will not use to the guild. My previous guild leader is offering a reference if you require one, as he understands that I wanted to find something a little bit pickier with recruits.

I have ran with many guilds in the past, most of them tied to the games they played. In Guild Wars 2 I played World vs World obsessively, having a reputation on my server (Blackgate) for always being online doing something. So far, my Crowfall experience has been the same.

Do you have anything to prove you are an exceptional gamer?
Anything that I would have had for screenshots was lost when my Harddrive died and I had replace it last fall. If given the chance, I’m pretty confident that I’ll be able to quickly prove myself.

Do you have a member of UDL who can vouch for you?

What is your preferred play style?
PvP - Small Scale: true
PvP - Large Scale: true
Crafting/Gathering: false
Questing/Raiding: false

Tell us a little about yourself.
27, Male, Canada (Toronto)

University student (Technical Writing Bachlors), currently on hiatus due to the pandemic and some other factors. I am unemployed, bored and ready to grind.

Likes: Well-written television, BIG CRITS, animals, HUGE CRITS, going for 12 mile walks to nowhere for fun, MASSIVE AOE CRITS, coffee, CRITPOCALYPSE, 420 friendly. I LIKE GETTING STUFF DONE.

Dislikes: People who flood comms during raid time, players that don’t understand aoe caps and then don’t push with the group, players who are content with never improving past a certain point, players who can’t take criticism, country music, and PLAYERS WHO DON’T RESPECT BIG CRITS.

Which is your strongest pillar? Which is your weakest?
My strongest attribute listed from the pillars would be dedication. I am always committed to improving myself as a player, but also as a person. I’ve learned a lot throughout online communities such as this about being a decent person. You can always be better tomorrow.

My weakest attribute out of those listed would have to be professionalism. I take what I do very seriously, so I tend to have “pop-off” moments when I win against someone who has been grinding me the wrong way. It’s not a huge weakness, but if I had to pick one of the five pillars then I would pick professionalism for that reason.