Application: Osprey39

What game are you applying for?
Crowfall

What is your character name?
Osprey39

Why do you want to join UDL?
Originally I was just looking for a guild with a pvp focus to hook up with for Crowfall. I didn’t want to join up with some herd of farmers that just wanted to kill mobs all day every day and run from the first sign of pvp. I’d heard of Undead Lords and knew they had achieved some notoriety in Shadowbane on a different server from mine. The fact that the guild was still around after all these years was a big factor in my decision to seek an invite. I’ve been MMO gaming a long time and I’ve been in many guilds that didn’t stand the test of time. I like having a place to call home that is rock solid and you know is going to be there long term.

Since I have been playing with the guild, I see that there is good reason the guild has been around as long as it has. Careful attention to detail and planning, genuinely good personalities and talented players. I very much like what I’ve seen thus far.

How did you find out about our guild?
As I mentioned above, I’d heard a few things about your exploits in Shadowbane, but what attracted me was Camway tirelessly recruiting in GR. I decided I would check you all out and reached out to him. He was friendly and gave me a little bit of advice on different classes/promotions and how they worked so I could pick something that fit my style.

Describe your past MMO experiences
I started playing MMOGs way back in the days of Microsoft Gaming Zone in a WW2 fighter sim game called Fighter Ace and I got hooked on that. I became one of the best pilots in that game, but I have always had a soft spot for fantasy games and one day I saw Asheron’s Call in the local software store so I bought it and that got me started on MMORPGs. Soon after I bought Everquest and I started way down the rabbit hole. I’ve played DAoC, Shadowbane, WoW, Rift and just about every other MMORPG of note since then. I also still enjoy playing flight sims and war games like World of Tanks and World of Warships although I don’t play those as much as the fantasy games these days.

As for guild history, I’ve been in a lot of guilds over the years and run a few as well. I can’t say there’s been any that are noteworthy enough that the name would be recognizable to anyone that wasn’t on our server in whatever game we were playing at the time. I was a member of Kill Cult during Shadowbane however, and they are in Death Alliance. There’s only a couple of names I recognize on Discord from back in the day though. I don’t know if they would remember me or not, it’s been a long time!

Do you have anything to prove you are an exceptional gamer?
I’m not big on patting myself on the back so I don’t have a lot of “I love me” stuff to show off, but I do have this video from Fighter Ace that I made in the Free For All arena (everyone is an enemy). It’s from 2007, the quality is bad and I had just come back to the game after several years away, but it’s all I’ve got lol.

Do you have a member of UDL who can vouch for you?
Nerion,Srathor

What is your preferred play style?
PvP - Small Scale: true
PvP - Large Scale: false
Crafting/Gathering: false
Questing/Raiding: false

Tell us a little about yourself.
I’m not afraid to say it, I’m on the older end of the spectrum for MMO players. I’m about to turn 51 in September. My reflexes may not be what they used to be, but I can still hold my own just fine!

My favorite hobby is fishing, especially bass fishing. I pretty much live for it and I enjoy fishing competitively in local tournaments. Usually, if I’m not around in game on the weekend, it’s because I’m at the lake chasing bass. I can’t be on the water 24/7 though so gaming is my indoor hobby of choice.

Which is your strongest pillar? Which is your weakest?
I’d say professionalism. I always try to treat others as I would want to be treated, even in my work. You won’t find me doing a lot of trash talking in chat, it’s not my style. I’ve always believed actions speak louder than words and there’s nothing more annoying than someone whining in general chat about getting killed by someone in a pvp game. I definitely don’t have time for drama at this point in my life. I avoid it like the plague and I damn sure won’t be the cause of it.