Application: Noc

What game are you applying for?
New World (and whatever future titles UDL plays)

What is your character name?
Noc [usually with some last name]

Why do you want to join UDL?
I first heard of UDL via Crowfall, years back. I’ve always had respect for UDL, even admiration. The level of commitment and dedication, not to mention loyalty and skill that UDL has is something every gamer should aspire to.

How did you find out about our guild?
Again I’ve know of you since Crowfall. But as I didn’t really have a home in New World I’ve been playing mostly solo. Until today, when you appeared in my Twitter feed. And so here I am. Making the leap.

Describe your past MMO experiences
I began with EQ. Played a halfling Rogue. Was I think 16 ish at the time. Was part of a guild called Aftermath on… Rallos Zek, if I’m spelling that right. Won “Best of the Best” EQ official tournament for rogues.

Moved on to DAoC, and no lifed that game. To this day, that’s still my favorite MMO. Some of my fondest memories was being a stealthy archer and communicating with an enemy realm via emotes to establish cooperation versus the third realm. I mostly played Hibernia, because everyone hated Albion. And Midgard seemed too cliche.

After that, I think we all can agree that MMOs were a blur. Some lasting a few years, some a decade. I’ve been everything from a Guild Leader focused on progression and fun events on the side. To an officer in charge of recruitment or leading raids. To a shotcaller in GW2. And even to a simple member, enacting the will of those in command.

Do you have anything to prove you are an exceptional gamer?
I’ve tried to get into streaming. Or making videos. But it never stuck.

Do you have a member of UDL who can vouch for you?
Anhrez

What is your preferred play style?
PvP - Small Scale: true
PvP - Large Scale: true
Crafting/Gathering: false
Questing/Raiding: false

Tell us a little about yourself.
Mid 30s, bearded bald guy. I get enjoyment from being a part of, or building communities. I’m a self taught graphic designer. I like to do funny commentary or shoutcasting. I’m monochromatic. A father to a 1yr old, with another due this coming February. Super excited about that! And I used to collect POP figs, until my wife said I had to grow up and get ride of them… so… it was either them or gaming. Obvious choice.

Which is your strongest pillar? Which is your weakest?
I’ll start off by saying none of these are my weakest. I’ve been preaching these values my entire gaming career. Though if I’m forced to choose, it would be Loyalty. The reason being is I’ve found myself at times stuck behind moral dilemmas with guild leadership changes, or people acting unjustly, or unexpected demands just can’t be met and so a decision to leave and find a new home, was better than feeling stuck where I didn’t feel like I belonged.

That said, the strongest pillar for me is dedication. Dedication breeds loyalty. And when I get involved in something I don’t half-ass it. I whole-ass it. Which is why it hurts having to make those choices mentioned above. Dedication is proof of commitment. One can only ask that their dedication is enough to be deemed worthy.