Application: MortimerKhan

What game are you applying for?
Crowfall

What is your character name?
MortimerKhan

Why do you want to join UDL?
Looking to join a broader gaming community after having mostly gamed with friends and in very small guilds in the past. If Crowfall develops a critical user mass then I am likely to play it competitively, and in any event a guild should be useful for developing a knowledge base and participating in larger-scale pvp

How did you find out about our guild?
Crowfall forums

Describe your past MMO experiences
I have been playing strategy games since childhood (I’m in my 30s), casually played EVE and WOW during college, played ESO extensively and fairly competitively from launch through late 2019. Lately I have been playing MOBAs and various 1P games while waiting for another MMO worth my attention.

I was a 5 year member of ESO guild Ethereal Traders Union, which was the highest grossing trading guild in NA. I was a 4 year member and co-leader of Children of Hircine, a pseudo-casual PVP guild. I was a 3 year member of Legend, which was the NA server’s premier PVP guild.

Do you have anything to prove you are an exceptional gamer?
I don’t stream so no videos. My ESO character (Jihera, Jihera-Dar, other iterations) was an overlord PVP rank, former emperor, one of the first couple dozen stamina veteran maelstrom arena clears, one of the handful of highest scoring battleground players for their first year, etc. I believe some of these numbers are independently verifiable.

I’m general a pretty casual strategy gamer, but I have a number of 1-province score victories on EUIII, and various high difficulty Warhammer III clears.

Do you have a member of UDL who can vouch for you?

What is your preferred play style?
PvP - Small Scale: true
PvP - Large Scale:
Crafting/Gathering: true
Questing/Raiding:

Tell us a little about yourself.
Why I game: My day job and personal life have me spending a lot of time solving other people’s problems, and I keep my stress level down by murdering other people’s avatars and making copious amounts of fake money.

What I add: I keep things light, manage teams, and, once I learn how this game works, am a ready source of obscure mechanical knowledge.

Where I excel: I generally play a fast moving and/or stealthy melee class, so I usually work best as a scout, back-line disruptor, or kiter/engager. Those same traits are also generally useful for DPSing in small scale groups.

When I game: I have what is in theory a demanding schedule, but I frequently work from home and can usually commit 2+ hours a day to gaming, partly AM EST and partly PM EST.

Dislikes: Talking politics in game, olives

Which is your strongest pillar? Which is your weakest?
Strongest: Professionalism - I am literally a professionally trained mediator

Weakest: Loyalty - I don’t spy, double deal, or engage in any of those shenanigans, but reserve the right to call out behavior I consider exploitative, cheating, etc.

Nice app