Application: Kalb

What game are you applying for?
Crowfall

What is your character name?
Kalbb

Why do you want to join UDL?
The guild tag is vaguely familiar. I think I may be remembering it from back in my DAOC days or maybe some other games since. I was browseing the Crowfall recruitment forums, and saw the UDL thread. What caught my attention is how active the thread is as a whole. I liked the vids that were posted, it looks like the kindda group PVP I enjoy, so here I am.

How did you find out about our guild?
Sorta answered above, I saw the recruitment post on the Crowfall forums.

Describe your past MMO experiences
Yeash, in one word: extensive. I started back around 2000 with UO and probably have played every MMO since. As for guilds, I like to find a good group and stick with them, ideally with folks active later PST. I have a kiddo and so my play time is no longer all the time. As for guilds/online communities I’ve been in a number of great guilds through the years (a few I’m still a member of today) but none of the groups I’m actively with seem to have any interest in Crowfall.

Do you have anything to prove you are an exceptional gamer?
Not particularly. I’ve never been one to stream or do much video capture/editting. About all I ever did was https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8gjzZQr45c&feature=youtu.be which I kept unlisted. It’s nothing amazing, but that’s about all I ever did. I wouldn’t even necessarily say that’s any proof I’m some exceptional gamer. I feel I do what I seek out to do well, I enjoy doing it, and that’s fine for me.

Do you have a member of UDL who can vouch for you?

What is your preferred play style?
PvP - Small Scale: true
PvP - Large Scale: true
Crafting/Gathering:
Questing/Raiding:

Tell us a little about yourself.
Not much else really, I’m a veteran MMO player, and I generally enjoy playing PVP based MMOs. Crowfall hadn’t really been on my short list of games coming up until I got a beta invite. Been playing the beta since then, got to 30, and I’m starting to warm up to the game a lot. Pretty much the unanamous opinion I’ve read/heard is you need to get with a guild to do much after 30, I saw the recruitment post, liked what I saw so here I am.

I can’t play nearly as much as I used to (or well, couldn’t until the current pandemic hit). That being said, my general gameplay time tends to be later in the day, after 8pm or so PST until 11ish. Looking for some folks to play and slay with around that time.

Which is your strongest pillar? Which is your weakest?
I’d say honor is the strongest for me, I’m very much a believer of earning and giving respect. I do this IRL and in games when I play.

The weakest I would have to maybe say professionalism even though it doesn’t totally fall there. I know I can be impatient at times, being that I’m aware of this I like to think I can catch myself and not act on the impatience. I suppose this can be interpreted as lacking professionalism, though most often I get impatient because I’m also passionate about achieving the given goal.