Application: Jaguar

What game are you applying for?
Crowfall

What is your character name?
Jaguar

Why do you want to join UDL?
I remember you in Shadowbane and being impressed with your organization. I also repeatedly ran into UDL member Hillbilly over many years in Shadowbane, even after UDL-proper left the game. I even recall playing with Hillbilly in Magicbane years ago (I was in thePresidents). I guess we just could not shake Shadowbane (and that still might be true).

How did you find out about our guild?
Shadowbane and Hillbilly.

Describe your past MMO experiences
Ultima Online, played from inception through to Tamriel (up until they de facto banned PKing).

Do you have anything to prove you are an exceptional gamer?
I don’t have any videos, but I did A LOT of solo ganking as a rogue (Ranger, Assassin and Nighstalker) in Shadowbane and Magicbane and had a very impressive K-D ratio. I also pked from very early on in UO’s history, when there was total looting.

I may not be the best that ever lived, but I can comfortably say I was in the top 5% of the playerbase as far as solo-pking went.

Do you have a member of UDL who can vouch for you?

What is your preferred play style?
PvP - Small Scale: true
PvP - Large Scale: false
Crafting/Gathering: false
Questing/Raiding: false

Tell us a little about yourself.
49 year old Ivy-league educated patent lawyer (who also has an M.D.) who still loves RPGs and ARPGs, especially ones with completely open worlds like Shadowbane (and Magicbane), early UO, Dark Souls, Dark Souls 2 and Diablo 2. Those games are the RPG pinnacle for me.

Shadowbane was an incredible, but fatally flawed game. The character variety was absolutely insane, and it was surprisingly well balanced for the huge number of viable builds possible in that game. So I backed Crowfall years ago, hoping they could recreate the magic. I hadn’t even realized they had gone live this summer, but I decided to check in and then give it a go and that’s why I am here.

Which is your strongest pillar? Which is your weakest?
strongest: professionalism
weakest: loyalty

I’ll be honest, I am more loyal to individuals than to organizations, but “UDL” is a badge I would wear with pride and is pretty much the pinnacle of gaming guilds with long traditions (at least for the games that I played–we are talking about over 20 years). It’s a name that brings back so many memories for me.