Application: Gerzan

What game are you applying for?
Crowfall

What is your character name?
Gerzan

Why do you want to join UDL?
I’m looking for a group of like-minded individuals. I’m an experienced gamer, have been playing MMO’s for 23 years, have been in great guilds, have been in bad guilds, and am encouraged by the UDL banter I’ve seen in the Crowfall chat. I don’t see any drama, I see respect, and I admire that immensely.

How did you find out about our guild?
I’ve been a Crowfall Emerald backer since 2015. I posted to the forums recently looking to join a guild, but have been following the General Chat in-game for some time and am very aware of UDL’s reputation, so was very pleased when Ginko invited me to join via the official forums.

Describe your past MMO experiences
23 years of MMO, have been playing computer games since 1986, the year I built my first XT. My first MMO was EQ on Betelgeuse server, first character was a dark elf enchanter but I switched off to Bard and stayed with him as my main through many years and expansions. I also played Asherons Call during that time, mostly for the PVP aspect, it was a far less social game than EQ. Throughout the years I’ve played many games: Anarchy Online, Star Wars Galaxies, Conan, LOTRO, WoW, Rift, City of Heroes, DnD Online, Star Wars Online, Black Desert Online, and a few others, most notably - Shadowbane. SB is the reason I became a kickstarter for Crowfall; I enjoyed that game immensely, even through all of the issues it had. I’ve always felt it was one of the best PVP games created and it had the best “takes a whole team” concept I’ve ever been a party to. Guild history - my days of power guilds ended after EQ. I was in The Elitists, a pretty formidable raiding guild for a couple years. After EQ, I was in friends and family guilds that I created or co-created with a group of people that left EQ. We played LOTRO, COH, and DND online for about 7 years, then folks started getting married, having kids, etc and going their separate ways. I joined a smaller guild with friends I’d met in the previsous games, joining them in Conan. We then moved to Rift, and all enjoyed the PVP those two games had to offer. Sadly, they watered things down or had issues with gameplay, and people started to leave. Long story short, I ended up not gaming much after 2015 due to work commitments, however, I did test Crowfall for a few months after they opened Alpha 1. I manage an engineering department (though this has nothing to do with guilds or gaming), so my time is pretty “valuable” and when I was put in charge of the design of Disneyland Star Wars land for the Mechanical and Plumbing portions of work, I pretty much had to let gaming take a back seat. I hope to join UDL and continue meeting new friends, having a good time, and sending people to dirt naps (or at the very least, a bath full of salty tears).

Do you have anything to prove you are an exceptional gamer?
I’m sorry, I don’t have any Youtube vids or other gaming experiences to share that are available online.

Do you have a member of UDL who can vouch for you?
Ginko

What is your preferred play style?
PvP - Small Scale:
PvP - Large Scale: true
Crafting/Gathering: true
Questing/Raiding:

Tell us a little about yourself.
55. I ride motorcycles for vacation (2 trips per year, min 3000 miles each trip). I climb - I’m a 5.8 climber with 5-10 aspirations, been climbing for 30 years and at one time I was a 5-11 climber (fatter, weaker, less time to do it). I ride bicycles 100-150 miles a week for exercise. I like my profession (mechanical engineer). I live in Hawaii, so there’s the waves of course. I like to game, and I really enjoy large scale PVP. I also like to craft and farm resources, kind of helps me unwind to do silly things after the mental grind some work days can be. I love playing my guitars, I’ve got quite a collection (40+, 7 of which are Les Paul Custom Shop Historic Reissues). I don’t like social media. I don’t like reality TV. I don’t like eggplant Parmesan. I don’t like mouthy rude people. I don’t like attention whores. I don’t like MTV, it isn’t MTV anymore.

Which is your strongest pillar? Which is your weakest?
I’m an engineer, through and through. Process is everything. I choose dedication. I am not coming into this guild with an attitude of “I’m a badass, these guys need me.” I am coming to you freely admitting I want to learn to be a better gamer and a better PVPer. I am hoping you give me that opportunity, I will work diligently to make it so.

Great application!