Application: Gard

What game are you applying for?
Crowfall

What is your character name?
Gard

Why do you want to join UDL?
Guilding in Crowfall is pretty much mandatory in order to progress in the game.

I don’t join a guild lightly. A guild is like family. I want to make sure my guildmates share my values, and from what I see so far, yours do. Ginko, the person who invited me to apply on the crowfall forums, has an excellent reputation and has been playing Crowfall since 2015 (!) I’m new to the game - mold me!

How did you find out about our guild?
Guild recruitment thread on the Crowfall forums, then personal message from Ginko.

Describe your past MMO experiences
Not that it matters - I don’t pretend to be some MMO god - but I got my start as a dev on a mud based out of Univeristy of Florida called Worlds of Carnage back in the '90s. Bit of trivia - one of the other devs there was Raph Koster, who I believe inspired some of the current systems in Crowfall, and who went on to much bigger things. Worlds of Carnage was a pvp MUD.

Went on to play Ultima Online (another Raph Koster game), then WoW, then left WoW for Dark Age of Camelot, which is one of my all time favorite games. When DAoC foundered, I played DDO, then WoW again, then Elder Scrolls Online. Now I’m hoping to find great pvp in Crowfall.

I’ve only been a member of a few Guilds - Zorn des Gottes in DAoC, Guild Medieval in ESO, DDO, and Diablo III (which I don’t consider an MMO), and another guild called Strange Friends which are just that - a tight group of friends that I’ve made across the years in various games. All of these guilds are active except Zorn des Gottes, which was only focused on DAoC and dissolved when DAoC did. I consider myself real life friends with several members of these guilds, especially Strange Friends.

Do you have anything to prove you are an exceptional gamer?
Nope. I’m not sure that I can even claim to be. I have completed the hardest content in every game, including vma (solo content) and group trials in ESO, but I think that’s more a testament to my perseverance and the patience of my guildmates than to my skill as a player.

The next question has noplace for me to enter my answer, so I’ll answer here:
Do you have a member of UDL who can vouch for you? No

Do you have a member of UDL who can vouch for you?

What is your preferred play style?
PvP - Small Scale: true
PvP - Large Scale: true
Crafting/Gathering: true
Questing/Raiding: true

Tell us a little about yourself.
I’m married. 55. A veteran. One 18yo son in the Air Force.

Live on 10 acres in the country in Texas, striving to become self sufficient (power, food, water, etc.) Competitive marksman, competed in the National Service Rifle Matches in 2018. You can probably tell I’m conservative but I don’t bring politics into my games.

Which is your strongest pillar? Which is your weakest?
Respect, Dedication, Professionalism, Honor, Loyalty - These are the tenets by which I strive to lead my life.

I’d like to think my strongest pillars are honor and loyalty. I wouldn’t consider myself weak in any of them, though certainly not perfect. It’s not really for me to judge though is it? That’s more for those I interact with.

Great app! thanks for the well thought out responses.

He can’t read this.

season 13 GIF