Application: Elric

What game are you applying for?
Crowfall

What is your character name?
Elric

Why do you want to join UDL?
I’ve seen you guys around for years in many other MMORPG’s, so the UDL name is one that I generally have a strong respect of. The list of really strong PvP guilds that do more than just zerg seems like it gets smaller every year. I have no interest in a guild like FOE that just throws hundreds of members into a constant zerg rush. They just have too many trolls and drama that I don’t want to deal with.

How did you find out about our guild?
One of the former COTP members, Jalec, joined UDL a few years back. I don’t know if he is still actively gaming these days. I just know that he always had positive things to say about UDL when we talked.

Describe your past MMO experiences
I’ve been in a leadership role in COTP (Covenant of the Phoenix) for over 11 years now. Throughout that time I led full 100+ member chapters like Runes of Magic, EQ2, GW2, Rift, and ArcheAge Online (twice). I was also a supporting officer in a number of other MMORPG’s throughout the years. I’ve been a gamer since the 1990’s, so if it was even remotely a good MMORPG - I probably played it. I tend to lean more towards fantasy games than sci-fi, but it all depends on the game. All time favorite PvP game for me will always be the original DAOC. My oldest gaming friends and I played hundreds of hours of PvP in that game. Honestly, we’ve been searching for a better PvP experience ever since and just haven’t found it. We have high hopes for Camelot Unchained if that ever comes out.

At this point in COTP there are only 3 officers still active in any leadership capacity. There are probably still 50-60 active members, but without a “Great MMO” in the last few years the community has really spread out. We no longer bring 100+ people into a new MMORPG launch. Either because of COVID or just a general shift in the gamer demographics, the COTP group has thinned out to the point where we’re struggling to get 10+ people to play a game at the same time. As much as I love COTP, the community just doesn’t seem to be there any more. Thus here I am, trying to find a new PvP guild to join. A few other Crowfall players will likely be coming with. Crowfall just doesn’t work for small guilds.

For other guild history… Prior to COTP I ran a guild in WoW called “Legion of the Eternals” for a couple years. I was also part of a guild called “Juggernaut” in COTP. More recently - I ran with PRX in BDO, but I could just never get into that community. It was way too much of an “old boys club” where new members are just cannon fodder for the main clique. Their shifts in leadership also lead to a lot more drama than anyone wanted. I’ve occasionally played some MMO’s with other guilds like Tenacious, Old Timers Guild, The Older Gamers, and a few other smaller guilds throughout the years. None of them stood the test of time, or they just didn’t deliver when it came to PvP games.

Do you have anything to prove you are an exceptional gamer?
I don’t really have any videos that point to my specifically. COTP.info is the website for Covenant of the Phoenix, and there may be some stuff floating around there from my games in the past.

Do you have a member of UDL who can vouch for you?

What is your preferred play style?
PvP - Small Scale: true
PvP - Large Scale: true
Crafting/Gathering:
Questing/Raiding: true

Tell us a little about yourself.
I’m from Wisconsin, age 37, and have a wife and 3 kids to keep me busy… So, gaming is my personal escape from the craziness of life. I work full time as a sales guy for a tech company. Thankfully I work from home 24/7 so that gives me a lot of flexibility in my gaming times. I can hop on games in between work projects for an hour or two. I generally play after the fam has gone to sleep, so you’ll usually see me consitently active from 10pm to 1am Central time.

Which is your strongest pillar? Which is your weakest?
Honor is probably the pillar that speaks to my personality the most. Dedication may be the closest I have to a “weakness”, but not exactly in terms of a guild. I tend to find one solid guild and stick with it through the years… Hence why I’ve been in COTP for 11+. However, dedication to a single game can be a challenge. I 100% believe that a game becomes infinitely more fun when you have a great group of people to play it with.