Application: Chief_Sarcan

What game are you applying for?
Crowfall

What is your character name?
sarcandosa

Why do you want to join UDL?
I have been gaming on a PC since I built my first TRS-80 back in the day. I have been part of many gaming communities over the years, a couple great, many good, most bad. I haven’t really felt at home with a community since DOAC. I am still in contact with many of my Everquest guild but wasn’t really connected with most of them. My WoW guilds were ok but it wasn’t a multigame community and I made no lasting connections.

Since day one in UDL, I have been made to feel wanted, accepted and more importantly needed. I have been made to feel like a part of the family. I didn’t realize just home much I needed that. I hope that I have found my final gaming community to spend my finally gaming years with in Crowfall and any other game we play since I dabble in everything MMO.

How did you find out about our guild?
Anhrez pointed me towards the Guild years ago. I have been watching from afar but not really participating because I was just testing crafting not PvP. I was under the misunderstanding back then that PvP was all UDL cared about. Am glad I now know better.

Describe your past MMO experiences
Hmm, not sure that I can list them all, it is a lot.

Dark Age of Camelot - Stormur Norur
Everquest - Clan of the Roc
Rfit - Riftless
Vanguard Saga of Heroes - Telonian Templars
World of Warcraft - Illegit Legitimacy, Amethyst Dragonflight, Wayward Crafters, Green Destiny, Packrats
ArcheAge, Auto Assault, DC Universe Online, Duel Universe, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Defiance, Devillian, Elder Scrolls Online, EVE, Fallout 76, Final Fantasy XIV, Firefall, Guild Wars 2, Lord of the Rings Online, New World, Star Wars the Old Republic, Tabula Rasa, Tera, The Secret World, WildStar, Wizard101, Wolcen
Plus so many single player and co-op games…

Do you have anything to prove you are an exceptional gamer?
I am a Collectionist/Completionist Gamer which usually doesn’t fall under the category of exceptional, more like obsessive compulsive. I am a Guide Writer, teacher, spreadsheet makers.
Feel free to google me for past articles, guides, spreadsheets, feedback so on, here are some links to me and some past work
https://twitter.com/chief_sarcan?lang=en

http://yokaiblog.wikidot.com/

Do you have a member of UDL who can vouch for you?
Anhrez,Srathor

What is your preferred play style?
PvP - Small Scale: false
PvP - Large Scale: false
Crafting/Gathering: true
Questing/Raiding: true

Tell us a little about yourself.
I am middle aged aka 51. I like gaming DUH, reading, movies and spending time with my girls. I have 2 kids (30 yo son and 20 yo daughter). I a retired Chief (E-7) from the Navy after 20 years as an Electronic Warfare Technician. Currently approaching retirement (3 years out) from my second carrier at Boeing as a Records Administrator. I then plan to be a Game Development Consultant (System Integration Data Analyst), working when I want rather when I need to because I won’t need to.

I am introverted social phobic, so I do more than I talk, well at least until I get to know you then you may not get me to shut up LOL. It also means that while I have an opinion, I may not force myself into a conversation and will wait for an opportunity to speak or I get asked for my opinion. It also means that if there is to much random and what I consider unhelpful or needed conversation it will wear me out and I may have to dip to a quieter channel to recharge my batteries.

I am an obsessive crafter, I love to support the war effort when the war effort appreciates what I do. I am pretty terrible at PvP but not adverse to learning. I like filling a wide variety of roles and specializations. The scout, the Siegemaster so on as examples. I am up to help in anyway needed, I don’t mind the grind.

Which is your strongest pillar? Which is your weakest?
Dedication which I call a gaming obsession :wink: is my strongest. I give everything 410% when I feel at home, it is fun and there are secrets I am tying to root out (Data analysis and spreadsheets.

Respect would be my weakest because I only give it if I get it. I care less for titles if you don’t act in accordance of the title. Just because you are a Lord doesn’t mean you have earned my respect. That being said I won’t be disrespectfully, I will defer to positional authority until it is shown that you do or don’t deserve what you have earned in the past. I am salty Chief so I have thick skin but there is a difference between being an asshole but worth respect and just being an ass in general because you think your position makes you feel entitled.