Application: Blkandwhtlion

What game are you applying for?
Albion Online

What is your character name?
Blkandwhtlion

Why do you want to join UDL?
I have joined guilds in the past, and they either fell apart, were too narrowly tied to one game which died, or did not have the members that put in the dedication for the game I joined for like I did. In any guild I have joined, I’ve quickly risen to a senior rank to manage things in game such as money, strategy, or game mechanics for learning purposes to benefit the guild.

As a developer, one of my biggest strengths are coding tools to assist guild members within the ethical boundaries allowed. One such example would be the revolutionary “spy checker” that I used to infiltrate nations in the browser based game Politics & War. Its a tool that was unfortunately leaked, but while it was with my guild “Rose” at the time, we were unstoppable as no faction against us could win the war of attrition.

I want to find a home for these passions and skills. Contribute to a greater cause for one of my life’s biggest passions, which is gaming. Especially competitive.

I only ask that you take what I can give. I do have a family and their needs will always come first.

How did you find out about our guild?
Met a member in the official Albion Online discord: Clemmie
She is the wiki admin of the game, of which I quickly became a guardian of.

Describe your past MMO experiences
I’ve played many games, MMOs are among my favorites. My current favorite is Albion Online. I feel like its a game that has a good mix of PvP with the grind that is forgiving in the end to allow more gameplay as you want. I am on it nearly everyday if even only to tend to daily farms. Old School Runescape was another game I play alot, but there is nearly no PvP competitiveness for me. The combat system is all RnG based. While fine in its own right, its not my wheelhouse.

I’ve been in a few guilds. All have been lost to time. None have been around nearly as long as UDL and I hope that speaks for its longevity. In the past each guild was on a per game basis. In any guild I joined, I quickly managed one of their top 5 positions in a matter of a month or two. I always seem to find a financial role playing a part in the games economy and suppling the guild with its source of income or managing it and making it work for the guild. I might have a way to do that in Albion Online too…

Do you have anything to prove you are an exceptional gamer?
I could list the spreadsheets and wikis I’ve contributed to, which in my opinion speak to the above-average nature of my commitment and dedication to the games I find a home in. I’ll stick to my roles in the community around those games however, as my online presence has never been stellar for any existing PvP focused MMO today.

In Fallout 76 which has a small PvP focused community, I’m a Custodian moderator on the offical Discord “The Fallout Network” I find that game incredibly fun being a huge fan of the Fallout series since my first playthrough of Fallout 3 on its release.

In PvP focused war in the browser games “Politics & War” and “Cybernations” I took to the roles of setting up financial asssitance, and in PnW I even was a war master. Assigning targets to our members, while maintaining aid to keep our nations afloat and in the fight. I wrote scripts to check nation military strength and mobilization requirements (set by me) as well as set up trade rings tracked in a spreadsheet that I took from my predacessor and completely turned it around.

Overtime I’ve found that I must stick to one or two games now due to the nature of my commitment and balance with my life.

Do you have a member of UDL who can vouch for you?
Clemmie

What is your preferred play style?
PvP - Small Scale: true
PvP - Large Scale: true
Crafting/Gathering: true
Questing/Raiding: true

Tell us a little about yourself.
I’m newly 30yrs young. I love tacos, have a couple of kids, and a loving wife.

Gaming is my escape as well as my passion. It allows me to put my laser focus on goals in use constantly.

I’ve been a part of many organizations in real life that I take with me everywhere I go. I don’t like to share much online for security reasons, as I’m a very security conscious individual. Please don’t mistake this for paranoia, but I like to get to know people through games, especially over voice comms before I let more information out.

Which is your strongest pillar? Which is your weakest?
Strongest is Professionalism. Tradition is important to me and its one of the draws and why I’m here right now. However profiessionalism is simply the easiest for me.

Weakest is tough but forced to pick one I’d say Loyalty due to time commitments with family, but that’s it.