Application: Acesfury

What game are you applying for?
Conqueror’s Blade

What is your character name?
Acesfury

Why do you want to join UDL?
I am R/L friends with one of your members, Izmak. He brought Conqueror’s Blade to my attention as a game I might enjoy and after playing it for a bit I definitely concur.
I am applying to work along side him as a loyal part of your group. Having now read thru your history and application process i’m even more eager to join your ranks as even without my friends presence yours is the type of group to which I naturally gravitate.

How did you find out about our guild?
As stated above I was informed about your guild by your member Izmak.

Describe your past MMO experiences
I started MMO’s as a founding member of the dedicated Beta-Testing guild Universal Zealots Inc. (a.k.a. UZI)
Our first major game was “Jumpgate” for which several of it’s sectors are named for our members including “Zealots Refuge” which was directly attributed to our guild.
We eventually moved onward to DAoC where I spent 4 years across multiple servers and realms always working with my guild mates in each instance.
At our height our guild was granted 60 accounts for the EVE closed beta, to help test before it’s world wide release. I spent over a year in EVE Pre and Post release before R/L restricted me to much to keep up with the pace of the game.

As our group slowly drifted apart several of our guild joined Wurm Online and founded one of the older towns of “Eminence” and “New Eminence” and continues to be apart of Wurm’s Community projects and efforts (Pure player driven map Terra-forming)
Since Wurm I have move into a more FPS life style as an early player and streamer of DayZ Mod, playing on the DayZero server as one of “Break’s” and “Sacrial’s” squad mates.
I worked with PlayerUnknown on his Arma 2 BR project and was one of the main players of the Arma 3 BR when it was released. I took to Streaming all my BR games and became a full-time Streamer while looking after my wife as her health faded (She was diagnosed with ALS in 2011).
In 2018 with my wife’s passing I moved away from the FPS genre as most new FPS games tend to have third person default, which I avoid when working with firearms. I have since played mainly strategy and simulation games with the occasional RPG

Do you have anything to prove you are an exceptional gamer?
all my video evidence surrounds my Youtube and Twitch Channels and only shows my accomplishments since 2012. (note: there is a big time skip after my wife passed as can be expected)

www.youtube.com/theAcesfury

Do you have a member of UDL who can vouch for you?
Izmak

What is your preferred play style?
PvP - Small Scale: true
PvP - Large Scale: true
Crafting/Gathering: true
Questing/Raiding:

Tell us a little about yourself.
I am a 40 year old Structural Steel draftsman, with a degrees in computer programming, computer engineering , and an aptitude for robotics.
I am a former full-time streamer of DayZ and several different BR’s but a variety of strategy and simulation games.
I was a full-time medical assistant to my ailing Wife until her passing in 2018.
I have always enjoyed the old Dynasty Warrior games which was my primary draw for Conqueror’s Blade.
I enjoy tight coordination with team-mates over voice comms to ensure the best possible out-come. I use to almost military precision in my old DayZ squad days as I worked side by side with Deadlyslob for over a year on DayZ, concentrating on that type of coordination.
I do have some issue with authority in certain situations (something to which I have always fallen behind on). Mainly I’m a “if you aren’t going to lead then I will” kind of person. I don’t like disorganized action and it has been a stumbling block in my past.

Which is your strongest pillar? Which is your weakest?
My Strongest Pillar is likely to be a tie between Honor and Professionalism. I have always tried to uphold the strong sense of “Do onto others and you’d have done onto you” and Hold to my word regardless of personal consequences.
I feel Professionalism is actually tied hand-in-hand with Honor as many of it’s traits are reliant upon a sense of Honor to begin with.

My weakest trait would definitely be Dedication. Although I am dedicated to a cause my R/L tends to get in the way of things from a scheduling perspective. I am however dedicated to advancing in this game and holding true to the ideals and goals of Undead Lords should I be accepted into your ranks.

I cannot guarantee I’ll be a long term’er in the game itself but I definitely see enough content to hold my interest and with a good group I can focus my attentions.

Vouch. Have been gaming with Aces since DayZ mod days (2006-2007).

Is a solid gamer and friend - he used to stream fulltime on Twitch prior to his wife passing while homecaring for her. Since then his Twitch streaming time has dropped (he’s working a regular fulltime job now) but we do still get time to play together regularly.

Have been in comms with him a couple times now. He seems very solid, knows what he’s doing from a general PVP perspective. He may be a potential squire in the making.

He seems to have vanished a bit from CB; not sure if it’s due to RL or lack of interest.

The last time I spoke with him it’s very much due to RL - between work and other commitments it’s been pretty crazy. I’ll give him a poke about it the next time I see him.