Application: Thorean

What game are you applying for?
Crowfall

What is your character name?
Thorean

Why do you want to join UDL?
UDL has consistently demonstrated strength and professionalism over the past month I observed them on the NA Crowfall server. The lack of grandstanding and the obvious desire to foster new players speaks well for the guild as a whole.

How did you find out about our guild?
I was initially contacted by Camway about recruitment while playing Crowfall.

Describe your past MMO experiences
My primary MMO experience is Shadowbane, which I remember very fondly but was unable to play for long (about 2008), and Rift where I just played solo. I have at least sampled most of the major MMOs over the past 10 years, but never very seriously. I am at a point in life where I now have more time to play and seeking out the successor to Shadowbane lead me to Crowfall.

I know I was in a guild in Shadowbane but cannot remember which one. I do not currently have a connection to any guild and my MMO experience is somewhat limited relative to many players.

I tend to play many different types of games, usually enjoy building and crafting as well as PvP. Spent a lot of time playing Battlefield (3 and Vietnam mostly, 4 was underwhelming).

Do you have anything to prove you are an exceptional gamer?
No, this is not why I play games.

Do you have a member of UDL who can vouch for you?
Nerion

What is your preferred play style?
PvP - Small Scale: true
PvP - Large Scale: true
Crafting/Gathering: true
Questing/Raiding:

Tell us a little about yourself.

I enjoy creating and competition in general. Learning and (sometimes) mastering different skills are my primary means of satisfaction along with passing on that knowledge to people who want to learn.

I have spent a great deal of my professional life in a field that you seem to draw your description for leadership and professionalism from and am still practicing and teaching many of the skills and attitude you seem to encourage.

My largest pet peeve so far is lack of communication discipline at key times.

Which is your strongest pillar? Which is your weakest?
Strongest: Respect
I have a great deal of respect for tradition and the culture fostered by following a shared set of values and goals.

Weakest: Dedication
When it comes to gaming I have not been able to dedicate much of my time toward contributing to an organization up to this point. This is what I am currently working on.