Who is playing Darkfall May 5th?

Pest

Administrator
Knight
Albion IC
The Hand of Myrkul
ArcheAge IC
Saw some buzzing on Facebook, let everyone know if you plan on playing right here.

Nothing formal is planned unless someone wants to plan it. I'm just looking to play not lead.

Everrest

Lich Lord
Knight
I intend to check it out. Part of me doesn't believe it will really get off the ground. But I'm open to being pleasantly surprised.

zophar

Trust The Process
Staff member
Knight
I intend to check it out. Part of me doesn't believe it will really get off the ground. But I'm open to being pleasantly surprised.

Sure beats HotS/Overwatch

I'm in as long as the camera doesn't mess with me again

Tourach

Soul Murderer
Knight
My cold dead heart wants to play but unfortunately I've got too many responsibilities IRL at the moment and don't have the time.

Kick

Raging Rasputin
Staff member
Knight
As of right now we had pretty much no buzz in regards to even any large medium small scale interest other than a few select people.

Nightmare and myself have been running with the crew we have played with after UDL stopped playing Unholy Wars.

Since we all know it's a game where numbers make a huge difference... We got good group of wolves that we will be grouping with at launch.

Kick

Raging Rasputin
Staff member
Knight
I just heard the beta is free for the last week... I believe new players start with gold and stuff with accelerated gains to finish in a day or so to get out and try it out.

At work so I haven't confirmed it yet.

Texted one of the devs, free to play until April 24th with huge gains.

Massively increased gains and I believe new characters start with 200k + materials to get going for the free week before server shutdown on the 24th.

Last edited:

Nightmare

High Council of the Dead
Knight
Yes I'm going hard at launch. Like Kick said most people here didn't want to play so we are running with old friends from UW. So far for sure it's, kick myself Everrest and I just spoke with type and he's going to play with us. Should be fun. They are expecting 5k -10k people

Azane Zaynos

Knight
Always down for some DF if we ha e a group going in on it. My time will be limited. It I have off from work the 6th-10th, so plenty of time to get a nice start.

Azane Zaynos

Knight
@Nightmare @Kick what are they planning to do with the grind at launch? I saw that skills are front loaded for greater effectiveness earlier on, but will the skill ups still take the old amount of time?

Essentially - roughly how long are we looking at to reach PvP ready?

Nightmare

High Council of the Dead
Knight
You can be pvp ready in a few days of hard grinding it's really easy now. Few weeks and you will be maxed just not stats.

Kick and I are co leading a clan we have been with. Type, jack Bauer, miasma will us all are welcome should be fun

Pest

Administrator
Knight
Albion IC
The Hand of Myrkul
ArcheAge IC
@Nightmare - Where is the guild living for comms? Can you post some details or do they want to use our discord? Either way we need to hook up with you guys. This sounds fun.

Kick

Raging Rasputin
Staff member
Knight
Discussed it a but with zophar, he can setup the discord with distinct permissions for only the DF players to have access to the voice comms channel.

Still nothing concrete yet as for if we're going to be using the existing mumble we're using or discord. Haven't spoken with any of the other guys yet.

Nightmare

High Council of the Dead
Knight
We have a discord, they are staying in mumble for the time since most of our past players know where we are.

Does discord have global calls to all channels? I thought that was one of its weaknesses.

Pest

Administrator
Knight
Albion IC
The Hand of Myrkul
ArcheAge IC
Does discord have global calls to all channels? I thought that was one of its weaknesses.
You are correct, this is the only thing that mumble/TS have over discord.

Just let us know where you guys are going to be in comms and we'll all follow. I'd obviously prefer discord but if cross channel communication is more important that integrated forums/chat - then lets use what ever you guys have.