WoW Application - Sophuus

Sophuus

1. Why do you want to join UDL? (Minimum: 1 paragraph)
I find video games to be much more enjoyable when I have friends to play with. Meeting people on WoW and becoming part of a guild was always one of my favorite parts of the game. I enjoy collaborating with others so maximize our overall strengths and make certain grinds a whole lot easier. All-in-all, I'm pretty social person who likes to be a part of a strong community, no matter what I'm doing.

2. What is your character name, and what does it mean to you?
My character name is Sophuus. Sophuus was the name of my first horde character in WoW during the Burning Crusade. It doesn't really mean anything, it was just sorta made up. Since I'm going back to WoW, I decided to reuse the name.

3. How did you find out about our guild? Do you have a member of UDL who can vouch for you?
I found about this guild by questing with someone on WoW, and after a while of questing, I was invited to this guild. I quested with Hakarr (WoW name: Hokage)

4. When do you usually play? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? What country/timezone do you live in?
I usually play most afternoons for 2 or so hours. I ocassionally will get all afternoon to myself and play for the entire afternoon/night. I generally spend about 10 hours every weekend playing.

5. Describe your past MMO experiences. What is your guild history?
I used to play WoW since BC. I joined a guild early on and stuck by them until most of them ended up quitting around the launch of WotLK. By then, I swapped over to the alliance side and became friends with some people through questing. Together, we created the guild The Black Company on the uldaman server. I was the original GM of the guild, but had to quit the day due to external reasons and passed the GM titled down. I played a lot of Runescape as well, but never got into a large clan. Rather, I had a small clan (about 20 people) that was mostly made up of my friends.

6. Tell us a little about yourself. Age? Likes and dislikes? Anything at all you'd like to share. Here is your chance to set yourself apart from other applicants. (Minimum: 1 paragraph)

I'm 24 year olds and I'm doing a Masters of Science in Geography, studying satellite imagery. I live in Canada, not too far from Toronto, but I was born in Chicago. I grew up playing video games all day every day. I grew up in a rough neighbourhood and my mom didn't like me going outside so I had nothing to do but game. As a result, I spent proabably 14 hours a day, on average, every summer day playing games like Runescape, World of Warcraft, Diablo 2, The Zelda franchise, etc. During the school year, I played probably like 5 hours a day on average. Although I spent most of my time in doors playing games while growing up, I still became very social and enjoyed making new friends all the time. Overall, I'm a pretty chill guy who just enjoys having some friends to laugh at stuff with.

7. What is your preferred play style? PvP, crafting, gathering, or any combination of these?
My preferred play style really depends on the game. For WoW, I've always been torn between pvp and pve, but i find myself leaning towards pvp. For games like runescape, I enjoyed pvp as well, but the very high risk of runescapes pvp lead to me to play more of a pve style, primarily focused on gathering and crafting skills. Overall, i like a good combination of all play styles.

8. What excites you the most about the game you are applying for?
I'm excited to get a team going of people who are all around the same level and either going for raids or pvp events. I love the idea of having a well coordinate team, all on voice chat, doing a battle ground together. I also really enjoy just have a constant base of people to talk to, that all help each other out, trying to make the whole guild stronger.

9. Based on the document you were directed to read, "Being an Undead Lord", which is your strongest pillar? Which is your weakest?
Of those pillars listed, my stronger pillar would be dedication. Often times when I set out onto a goal I want to get, I spend all night grinding it out, or even all week, and try what I can to maximize my efficiency while doing it. I just like the grind. My weakest pillar would probably be professionalism. Although I do not really insult other people, I do swear a lot. But I'm not swearing at someone, I use more passively. For example "I went to the store to buy some shit."