Tiranae - LoA Application

Discussion in 'Apply to the Undead Lords' started by Tiranae, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Tiranae

Tiranae New Member

1. Why do you want to join UDL?

I want to join a solid PvP group in LoA that also respects their members equally. I am also interested in learning more about the game and becoming stronger. Previous guild experience in LoA was less than savory, so I am hoping for a better experience for my group and myself.

2. What is your character name, and what does it mean to you?

Tiranae is a character name I've carried since my WoW days. Throw some fancy syllables and diphthongs into my name and you've got a good fantasy name. I also like that it sounds like the word tyranny, for obvious reasons.

3. How did you find out about our guild? Do you have a member of UDL who can vouch for you?

I heard about it from my friends Zeales and Noragen, who are also applying. We pked with Lord Mark and some other members this afternoon.

4. When do you usually play? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? What country/timezone do you live in?

Afternoons/evenings in Eastern time. Sun/Tues/Thurs evenings are usually out. My work schedule is pretty variable, so there may be some weeks when I'm around a lot and other weeks when I won't be around much at all.

5. Describe your past MMO experiences. What is your guild history?

Played wow for quite a few years, was an officer of Morituri Te Salutamus on Shandris. (raiding guild) Quit the game a couple of years ago after most of my friends also stopped. Currently playing Black Desert Online and Guild Wars 2. Played Albion Online in the past. Had a stint in Wildstar when it was new. Checked out PSO2 a bit. Dabbled in OSRS. Vaguely remember trying out a MUD waaay back in the day. I've played a lot of games.

6. Tell us a little about yourself. Age? Likes and dislikes? Anything at all you'd like to share. Here is your chance to set yourself apart from other applicants. (Minimum: 1 paragraph)

I am in my 30s, I make tuneful noises for profit. My desktop is my favorite color. I like memes about necromancers. I dislike hot weather.

7. What is your preferred play style? PvP, crafting, gathering, or any combination of these?

I'm pretty flexible, I like both PvP and PvE. But lately I've been more interested in pvp. I've done a little crafting in this game, but nothing too serious. I like selling things at the shop.

8. What excites you the most about the game you are applying for?

In LoA specifically, I enjoy our raids on others, taking their loot, and then selling it at our shop. I also enjoy decorating our house with the heads of our enemies. Right now, our east wall spells YEET. I'm quite proud of it. The old school vibe of the game is fun as well.

9. Based on the document you were directed to read, "Being an Undead Lord", which is your strongest pillar? Which is your weakest?

I'm generally a respectful and dedicated person. My weakest pillar is not technically on the list, but does relate to the guild in general. I'm not much of an RPer. I play a lot of RPGs, both video games and tabletop, but I feel awkward playing a role. I just like to stab things and take their loot. I will agree to stab them in the name of your undead lord, but I probably will not recite the Dark Apostles' Creed from memory. But if someone would like to recite the creed, I respect and applaud their piety and dedication.

2. Ponder

Ponder Active Member Knight

Handled