Re-Application

Grim

1. Why do you want to join UDL? (Minimum: 1 paragraph)
I joined a couple of years ago in April and would like to rejoin. I was inactive for a while due to attaining a busy schedule and just simply doing my own thing with other games. I originally joined the guild first and foremost for CoE but seeing as it may come out late 2021 my reasoning became muddled; I searched for something the guild was playing but had little to no interest (or money) in what the interests were at the time. I can now say, confidently, that I will be participating in AA Unchained as I have purchased a Founder's pack and am excited to finally reap some souls with you all.

2. What is your character name, and what does it mean to you?

I have many names... lGriml (or Grim if it is available), Dante Alighieri (CoE) and DarthOmen. Grim is a name I picked up whilst I was playing Cabal Online as I was known to seek people out and slaughter them in the PvP realms so I dawned it and kept it. Dante Alighieri is one of my poets who made the masterpiece known as "The Divine Comedy" which happens to be one of my favorite reads.. also we share a first name. DarthOmen is something I constructed influenced, obviously, by Star Wars but most notably Darth Revan; his story compelled me so I made an alias inspired by him. Grim is my preferred but any of these is acceptable.

3. How did you find out about our guild? Do you have a member of UDL who can vouch for you?

I found out about UDL via CoE a couple of years back when I was active in the forums and came across Panzer in some interesting posts. The theme and name of the guild resonated with me and so I applied. Panzer can vouch for me.

4. When do you usually play? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? What country/timezone do you live in?

I play games on all of my off-time whether that is after work, on weekends or vacations or etc. I am consistently available on my weekends. I currently do not have a schedule as I am seeking better employment and have registered for paid leave. I reside in the USA under the Pacific timezone.

5. Describe your past MMO experiences. What is your guild history?

My first MMO was Shaiya online; I joined a guild named Dark_Family who were consistently top 4 in the hierarchy in all servers. Shaiya is a game I can't see myself playing ever again unless the band gets back together as Dark_Family has fallen apart in recent years. The 2nd MMO was actually Eden Eternal, a surprisingly decent game at the time even though it was chibis and light themed (2 of my greatest enemies) I stuck around for a year before a big update launched and made my laptop, at the time, obsolete. My gf at the time was the only reason I ever played tbh. Cabal Online was probably my biggest gig as I clocked in a total of 3 years into it and was GM of a top guild named evoL. We held a lot of power and respect but we, ultimately, disbanded due to my own poor choices and rage-quitting due to falling victim to their RNG upgrading that caused me to lose over half of my gear and a large amount of money. After this I didn't have a solid MMO to play and so spent the next few years trying MMO after MMO which included Guild Wars 2 as a solo player, Tera in which I played with some friends followed by WoW during their worst expansion Warlords which I played with the same group of friends, ArcheAge in which I originally played with friends for the first year then joined the youtuber known as Cryy in his guild named "Sinister" in a fresh start server, Black Desert with a different group of friends where I aspired to be a guild leader (this failed due to unknowingly joining the same servers some big influencers had also joined) and most recently FFXIV during the most recent expansion - I never reached this expansion due to losing interest in the Stormblood expansion and have, thus, shelved it temporarily - where I joined a decent sized guild in Crystal - Brynhildr.

6. Tell us a little about yourself. Age? Likes and dislikes? Anything at all you'd like to share. Here is your chance to set yourself apart from other applicants. (Minimum: 1 paragraph)

I'm a 26 year old man (as of May this year) who likes anything with consistency that won't grab at my wallet constantly. I am a huge fan of PvP based MMO's but am no stranger to the PvE variety. I watch enough anime to call myself a weeb.. but I'm black so I guess that would make me a bleeb..? Patience is my middle name and I have an abundance of it for other people but when those people bring their negative attitudes and decide to direct that negative energy on me it's as easy as striking a match for me to put them on my shit list until further notice. I have a tendency to get bored of things really fast depending upon my mood and often default to league of legends for my gaming fix but I have hope that one day an MMO will hold my attention for longer than just a couple of months like Cabal. It is my dream to relive my Cabal Online experience as that was, obviously, a staple in my gamer life. Don't let your memes become dreams is my favorite catch phrase; I'm an avid meme/shit poster and can get sorta outta hand.. so don't be afraid to tell me to tone it down otherwise I'll go wild... or just silent if things like this are prohibited/limited. As I said! I get bored and my attention goes elsewhere a lot of the time. I'm a deep thinker and know myself to be very adaptable, stoic, self aware and most of all observant. If I'm quiet it means I'm thinking up every scenario in my head. If I'm taking a while to do something it is likely because I'm doing all of my research and taking notes. I am not to be taken lightly on the battlefield but am not at all opposed to running experiments (as I often do) taking trial and error into consideration to find what my limitations are so that I can further improve upon myself and know what my limits are so I can break them.

7. What is your preferred play style? PvP, crafting, gathering, or any combination of these?

I like a neat combination of them all, especially if it doesn't involve emptying my wallet for every piece of gear. I prefer stay PvP centered but am not opposed to grinding for what I need to reap more souls. As long as it's not a huge grind-fest, I will probably be playing it.

8. What excites you the most about the game you are applying for?

ArcheAge was a game I felt I missed out on. I signed up when it released but didn't have the proper specs to run it. 2 years later I finally did and quickly found out the game had died due to Trion's greedy ways. I jumped on every "Fresh Start Server" opportunity I caught wind of and was quickly disappointed mere weeks later when, once again, the rug had been pulled beneath my feet. I'm excited to finally flourish in this masterpiece of a game, especially at the helm of UDL reaping souls for our Lord Myrkul. CoE is also something I'm very much looking forward to, though the hype has definitely stagnated as of recent. I can see the potential! When it finally releases for my package I will be ecstatic to finally be playing with y'all.

9. Based on the document you were directed to read, "Being an Undead Lord", which is your strongest pillar? Which is your weakest?

After reading over the document a few times over I can conclude that my strongest pillar is definitely respect. Karma is something I truly believe in so I give respect where it is earned and expect it back in return. UDL has long since earned my respect is something I can proudly say. My weakest pillar is definitely dedication; as I've mentioned above, I grow bored often and, knowing this, have been making an effort to find or make reasons to remain dedicated to a game/grind. Working on myself is key to this and I've had a long time on this Earth to ponder my own personality and choices... Learning from my shortcomings is a part of who I am as someone who grew up wanting to be "Jack of all Trades" afterall.