Gr00v3 - Crowfall

Discussion in 'Apply to the Undead Lords' started by Gr00v3, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Gr00v3

Gr00v3 New Member

1. Why do you want to join UDL? (Minimum: 1 paragraph)
    I've seen UDL here and there for quite a few years now. Guilds come, guilds go, and it's nice to see one that's been around as long as I have. While I can't cite any specific instances, I can say with some confidence that at some point I've fought alongside UDL, and probably against UDL too.

The organization is just getting started in Crowfall, and I think I can add to it. I've been different things to different guilds, and have a lot of experience in both PvE and PvP guilds (preferably). I've been a soldier, an officer, and even a GM on a couple occasions. I've seen starts, merges, and ends, on both good and bad terms. I'm quite familiar with rank structure, chains of command, and military tactics, procedures, and traditions.

2. What is your character name, and what does it mean to you?
    Gr00v3 is the name I use normally, and it came from Quake 2 days. I was a player in the Tampa Bay LAN party scene, and online. I'd used different names before it, and being a bass player, one day for I set my player name to "ABadAssGroove" as a joke. The intent was to make k/d notifications read as "HaplessNewb was machinegunned by ABadAssGroove" or my personal favorite, "SoAndSo was melted by ABadAssGroove". I developed my skills until a guild picked me up. There wasn't enough room for the entire name with clan tags, so it was shortened to Groove. Deemed too plain by a couple friends, they suggested "Gr00v3" and it stuck ever since. Short answer: It's been with me a long time, and it's tradition, it's standards, and it's just me.

3. How did you find out about our guild? Do you have a member of UDL who can vouch for you?
    Again, I've seen the guild around quite a lot in the past. In Crowfall, I was capping towers with Jagour, who helped me finish up my leveling process (yeah I was low, but I'd been capping towers since 11 or so. I didn't see level as an excuse when I could already kill the guards sometimes and take an outpost.

4. When do you usually play? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? What country/timezone do you live in?
    During the day and late night are my best times right now. I'm playing caregiver to my mom in law currently, and am also playing Mr Mom with a 5-year old son. Someone had to do it, and the wife's pay and benefits were better than mine. We're based in central US time zone, Chicago specifically.

5. Describe your past MMO experiences. What is your guild history?
    Unless you count MUDs on local BBS's, my first MMO was EQ but after trying it, I preferred Anarchy Online. I led a small ragtag band who merged with two others to form a guild named Trinity. As exclusive little cliques and politics tore that guild apart, I defected to the other side for the purpose of stomping the offending parties on the battlefield in the Notum Wars. Later I was pleased to put my name and my assault rifle on the line as I helped finish off my former guildmates in a swampy hellhole called Deep Artery Valley, effectively ending the guild I started. I enjoyed that for a while until SWG, where I was an accomplished crafting doctor. In shadowbane I enjoyed stalking the forests, participating in sieges, and providing protection for leveling players by hunting gankers as a scout. World of Warcraft came, and for quite a few years on and off, I played as a Retribution Paladin. I've played a number of other games here and there, GW2, SWTOR, Secret World, and a ton of others.

6. Tell us a little about yourself. Age? Likes and dislikes? Anything at all you'd like to share. Here is your chance to set yourself apart from other applicants. (Minimum: 1 paragraph)
    Well, I'm an unemployed trucker (for reasons described above). I'm 46, and finally enjoying being a dad. (My wife and I were told it would never happen, but I guess life decided otherwise) I'm playing housewife, cooking (expanding and developing my recipe box), cleaning (ex-army so I'm damn good at it), taking care of the kid(s)… ya know, the good life. We'll see where life takes us, but right now I've got some time here and there to do some gaming and I'm really liking where crowfall is going so far.

7. What is your preferred play style? PvP, crafting, gathering, or any combination of these?
    I do all of the above. I do enjoy pvp, but my reflexes aren't quite what they used to be, so I'm doing a lot of crafting and gathering as well.

8. What excites you the most about the game you are applying for? The fact that it's got some of my favorite elements from shadowbane, planetside, and a nod to the SWG crafting system (without being quite as complex).

9. Based on the document you were directed to read, "Being an Undead Lord", which is your strongest pillar? Which is your weakest? The weakest, probably a combination of professionalism and dedication. To explain: I'm a former soldier and a trucker. Sometimes it just slips. :) Also, I'm known to speak my mind. If I believe someone's full of it, I'll say so. I refuse to put a fake face on for anyone. Some consider it disloyal, so I had to allow for that possibility, I guess. I call it candor. Also, sometimes my duty to my family may get in the way of my duty to guild. In that case, I follow the greater loyalty. Nuff said.

2. Panzers

Panzers Member Knight

@Gr00v3

Appreciate the application. We will hang out more over the next few days to make sure everyone is happy before we grant the official tag. Hang out in the public voice channels and someone will drag you in Discord to the active channels when we are available.

- Panzer