Conqueror's Blade - Yahden NineFinger

Yahden

1. Why do you want to join UDL? (Minimum: 1 paragraph)
First off, I like to win, and UDL is really good at winning. Secondly, I enjoy organization and mutual respect. Both of which were observed when I played back in DFO days. The tight knit community amongst UDL is something I have not found since Darkfall ended. From my personal experience, the environment UDL creates is special. It nurtures mutual respect, all the while pushing the whole team towards the same goal. I enjoy playing competitively, but I must be in an environment where mutual respect is abundant. UDL fits the bill for all of my requirements. I aspire to join the community once more and get back to reaping souls.

2. What is your character name, and what does it mean to you?
Yahden NineFinger
Yahden is a name derived from tomfoolery amongst some old friends of mine a long time ago. IRL my name is Jaiden, and Yahden is a closely related nickname. Ever since we concocted the name Yahden I have carried it with me throughout almost every game I have played. It's essentially my alter-ego.
NineFinger came about after a tragic accident in which I cut off my finger. The phrase is pretty 'RPG'ish so I decided to add it as a surname to my gaming persona.

3. How did you find out about our guild? Do you have a member of UDL who can vouch for you?
I played Darkfall Online with UDL a long time ago. I got to know several of the knights around at the time. Lord Kanian, Kick, Tourach, Broal. My memory is fading from the experience... but I remember how much fun it was to battle alongside UDL. Originally my dad Broal introduced me.

4. When do you usually play? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? What country/timezone do you live in?
I play on the weekends and late afternoon on the weekdays. I live in USA in Mountain Standard time.

5. Describe your past MMO experiences. What is your guild history?
It all began with Dark Age of Camelot. So long ago I don't remember what my tag was. I played alongside my dad after work and such. I was young then and did not understand much of what makes MMO's really special. I have played many games but the environment an MMO creates is unparalleled. Ever since, I have played pretty heavy in Darkfall, and ATLAS.

I am currently a member of "Enclave" after an encounter I had in Darkfall New Dawn. Once DFND died our clan moved to ATLAS. I am very particular about joining guilds and I simply won't participate in a toxic community. So I have been with Enclave for about a year and before that the only other guild I was with was UDL. Alas, the game ATLAS is loosing its appeal for me and I want to play another game.

6. Tell us a little about yourself. Age? Likes and dislikes? Anything at all you'd like to share. Here is your chance to set yourself apart from other applicants. (Minimum: 1 paragraph)
I am 24 and I am a software engineer. I like to compete in grappling and wrestling. I am a pretty laid back guy. I'm married and live with my wife and 2 dogs. I love gaming, it's been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. I like joking around and getting to know people I play with. It takes me a bit to get comfortable with new groups so I prefer familiar faces (voices). I build software in GPS devices for the Military. The aim is to produce equipment that can help save soldiers lives.

7. What is your preferred play style? PvP, crafting, gathering, or any combination of these?
I prefer to play PvP in a large persistent world with full loot. Sometimes I find myself in many games searching for what Darfall introduced to me. There is a niche feeling when risk vs reward is real, and actions have consequences. I can't get enough of it. I want to PvP within an environment with RPG elements.

8. What excites you the most about the game you are applying for?
Conquerors Blade is a fun action-based game also requires strategy. There is a large persistent world with open PvP and political strife. Clan Warring has been the among the best experiences I have ever had in gaming. Mainly, I wanted to re-introduce myself to UDL in hopes to get on-board with new games coming up, particularly Chronicles of Elyria.

9. Based on the document you were directed to read, "Being an Undead Lord", which is your strongest pillar? Which is your weakest?
Strongest Pillar: Professionalism
I have pretty thick skin. I don't get into arguments or yell and curse to get my point across. I am friendly to just about anyone. It takes a lot to make me angry or rage.
Weakest Pillar: Dedication
I work a lot. So finding time to be active every day may be a challenge for me.