Chronicles of Elyria Application - Kerahn

Discussion in 'Apply to the Undead Lords' started by Darkcloud, Dec 25, 2018.

1. Darkcloud

Darkcloud New Member

1. Why do you want to join UDL? (Minimum: 1 paragraph)
    I would like to join UDL because the two things I enjoy most are pvp and story. Though it can be challenging at times, being able to come out on top and knowing you beat real people is such an amazing feeling. And even though losses suck, they merely help us learn to become stronger. On the other hand, learning and creating stories is a deep passion of mine and you're the firsts to fit my preferences so completely. I love the undead with a remorseless passion, though I truly love any form of undead I have to say, liches are definitely tied for first place. Their overwhelming power, frosty presence and immortality are all so interesting and I love every bit of it.

2. What is your character name, and what does it mean to you?
    My character's name is Elana Kerahn and her name is very important to me. Though it may be made up and I have no idea if it has any true meaning, but to me it's like a steady rock, stubborn and still even in a torrent of water. No matter how much is thrown at her, how many times she gets down, she gets back up again and continues on.

3. How did you find out about our guild? Do you have a member of UDL who can vouch for you?
    I found out about your guild while browsing the CoE forums. Unfortunately I don't believe I have any contacts within the guild.

4. When do you usually play? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? What country/timezone do you live in?
    I'm free most of the time, as I'll be going into surgery soon I'll be cooped up inside while I recover (not that I don't already do that but now I'll have an excuse). I live in Canada and am in the Pacific timezone.

5. Describe your past MMO experiences. What is your guild history?
    My MMO history is fairly extensive, used to be pretty casual and just leveled characters for fun, but in the last few years I've become a bit more invested. WoW is the one I've played the longest and the one that always seems to drag me back, though sometimes my breaks from it are quite long. I've played quite a few others though, games like Blade and Soul, Archeage and Tera I find quite fun. I actually was really into B&S but the friends I started playing it with stopped playing and started playing other games so I kinda got dragged away from it.

6. Tell us a little about yourself. Age? Likes and dislikes? Anything at all you'd like to share. Here is your chance to set yourself apart from other applicants. (Minimum: 1 paragraph)
    I'm 21, I like games(obviously), art and reading. Although I enjoy nature I generally can't be bothered to actually seek it out, mostly cause it's literally everywhere in the town I live in. Every now and then it's nice to go on a hike or walk a trail but I don't go too often. I'm pretty easy to please so I tend to find myself interested in almost everything, I might end up applying to the Crowfall faction as well though I'm unsure if I'll actually be playing it or if I'd have to go through the same process for that game. Though I am quite interested in the game, I'm a little hesitant to buy in as I'm unsure how it'll line up with the CoE alpha(hopefully it's soon).

7. What is your preferred play style? PvP, crafting, gathering, or any combination of these?
    I'd say I generally like all of them, I find PvPing really fun and challenging and I love being able to produce different useful things. Though I don't mind it I wouldn't say I actually like gathering, more just kind of a necessary evil to fund my crafting.

8. What excites you the most about the game you are applying for?
    I find the vision for CoE to be absolutely wonderful, and even if it takes years, I'm willing to wait for them to make that vision come true. I find it very unfortunate that no investors have been able to see how wonderful this game has the potential to be. And in all reality, though 5 000 000$ seems like a lot, for making an mmo it's really not that much. I just hope everything going well with them and that people continue to support them. Once it's actually released though I'm quite excited to study alchemy, I'm really curious how different species' ingredients will mix and change the concoctions. I always like making my character's just a little obsessive as I find it quite enjoyable to play, and I'm hoping to play Elana as a little crazy alchemist obsessed with brewing.

9. Based on the document you were directed to read, "Being an Undead Lord", which is your strongest pillar? Which is your weakest?
    My best pillar would definitely have to be loyalty, I'm very loyal to those that have gained my trust and respect and it's exceedingly difficult to break that.
    My worst pillar would have to be dedication, I find that every now and then my attention tends to wander away and I lose myself to a land in my head.

2. Panzers

Panzers Member Knight

Do you have any interest in other games UDL is playing currently?

3. Darkcloud

Darkcloud New Member

I am quite interested in Crowfall.