Barricuda's Application for Albion and CoE

Discussion in 'Apply to the Undead Lords' started by Barricuda, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Barricuda

Barricuda New Member

1. Why do you want to join UDL? (Minimum: 1 paragraph)

I have played with and against UDL members for many years, and one thing that's apparent with each and every member I have had the pleasure of gaming with is their compassion and respect for their gaming community. Over the past few months I had the pleasure of networking with and getting to know several members of UDL through the Blackheart kingdom of Chronicles of Elyria, and I would enjoy being a part of a gaming community that is not only a strong force, but a positive role model for the gaming industry as a whole.

2. What is your character name, and what does it mean to you?

Barricuda or Barri, When I was 7 years old playing my first online games I rolled a Scrapper in the MMO City of Heroes named Barricuda. Forgive the misspelling, I was a child at the time. Since then I have kept the name if available in every game I've played. Barricuda is more than just some gamertag for me, it's my identity. Part of that identity is also my skull avatar that I drew in MS paint when I was 13 years old. I'll probably have it uploaded here sooner or later.

3. How did you find out about our guild? Do you have a member of UDL who can vouch for you?

I've found UDL, through many games in the past, however through Chronicles of Elyria I've had the chance of garnering relationships with several members. People who could likely vouche for me are Fengo, Batraz, Tarvald.

4. When do you usually play? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? What country/timezone do you live in?

I can't say I have any specific time that I usually play, as I'm one of those unhealthy gamers that will be online for 40 hours straight then pass out, if left to my devices. As of right now, I'm between jobs so I don't have any set schedule.

5. Describe your past MMO experiences. What is your guild history?

I'm going to be missing many things as my memory does not serve me well. However, I think I should post these in a list format:

City of Heroes - Strike Force, a well organized group spanning dozens of supergroups as the guild was far larger than the player limit per guild. Later MEGAFORCE, who I am in contact with over facebook groups. It's a very friendly group of old farts. I primarily played a spines/invulnerability scrapper and spent most of my time powerlevelling people.
    World of Warcraft - Solo, I didn't hit endgame as I didn't particularly enjoy it
    Champions Online - Same, it just wasn't CoH
    DC Universe Online - Hit endgame on multiple characters in the first couple weeks after launch but due to lack of content enjoyment kind of peetered out. I can't remember if I was a part of any guilds or if guilds were even a thing at launch.
    Archeage - Warband, Very friendly guild, albeit was on the dramatic side. I made a lot of good friends there, however ended up separating due to reasons I can't remember. Got bored after spending 80 hours in one week just delivering trade packs. Decided to take a break for a couple days and jsut lost all motivation to play it anymore. I played a healer in this game.
    Mabinogi - I played this for several years and the only guild I can remember being a part of was Pantheon. Still a game I redownload every now and then stop playing within hours. Great memories, however too much of a pay to win platform to be enjoyable anymore.
    TERA - I beta tested Tera with a group of friends and my younger cousins, and it was an enjoyable experience, however we never joined or formed a guild. Recently I went back to it and almost hit end game with the girlfriend but we got bored.
    Rift - Same group of friends and cousins tried this game out too, however non of us really enjoyed it, don't think we made enough progress through the game to even list it.
    EVE - I bought a three month subscription a long time ago, however ended up quitting a month in as the devotion to even start playing was too stressful. To be fair I was 13 or 14 years old at the time. I'm still in love with the idea of EVE; but it's just not something I see as a enjoyable time sink, for the amount of time sunk until it becomes enjoyable.
    Runescape - may it rest in peace.

I really don't have many experiences with large organized guilds, probably because I'm not much of a socialite. Can't really say I'm an introvert either though.

6. Tell us a little about yourself. Age? Likes and dislikes? Anything at all you'd like to share. Here is your chance to set yourself apart from other applicants. (Minimum: 1 paragraph)

I'm 24 years old, aspiring to be in Network administration as a career field. I enjoy sushi, and everything else food related. Especially spicy food. I love video games, and absolutely despise sleep. (Where does the time even go?) My favorite role in games to play is anything that has to do with overpowered and annoying amounts of crowd control, otherwise I'll play a glass cannon or a bruiser. I sexually identify as coffee and energy drinks, and have always had a dream of being a professional gamer, however I don't have the charisma or powerful computer to do so. My dad taught me how to build computers and built my first computer with me when I was 6 years old and since then I have had a passion for computers and video games. My favorite thing about video games is learning the mechanics in a complex new game and trying to become the best possible player at said game. I always fall short of #1 but I proud to say that I'm usually in the top 1% of players at whatever I set my mind to in a game.

7. What is your preferred play style? PvP, crafting, gathering, or any combination of these?

It really depends on the gameplay. I love PvP, but I also like amassing fat stacks of cash. I found woodcutting and mining in runescape very therapeutic and really enjoyed that. I would fall asleep grinding gathering skills in runescape. I found ganking people in Archeage and Tera extremely entertaining, but in archeage so was just sailing the vast open seas. In every game I play I usually end up trying to minmax the economy to gain the largest stack of wealth I possibly can, failing miserably, but still enjoying the process.

8. What excites you the most about the game you are applying for?

Oh man, Albion is crazy fun. it's like you take the best part of Runescape, EVE, and MOBAs and smashed them into one game. It's very relaxing to farm resources, but it's extremely exciting to pvp. The teamwork involved in PvE dungeons so far has been really entertaining. I'm new to the game, but it's really captivating my interest.

As far as CoE goes. I'm trying very hard not to work myself up over it, but the ideas portrayed by Soulbound Studios about Chronicles of Elyria for me is the MMO wet dream I've been having for the last 10 years waiting for something fresh to come out of the MMO industry.

9. Based on the document you were directed to read, "Being an Undead Lord", which is your strongest pillar? Which is your weakest?

My strength being Dedication to the process of growth and learning. This is the most exciting thing to me about videogames. It's absolute ecstasy when you learn something new about game mechanics allowing you to improve your in game strategies and minmax just a little bit more. I get a more rewarding feeling from this than levelling up as it's practical knowledge about game mechanics that allows you to improve your gamesense and strategies.

My weakest pillar would have to be professionalism. I pretty much speak sailor, and I'm unable to count on two hands the number of times I've had to delete comments and posts because jokes I made had bigoted undertones. I'm not a racist or sexist or anything, but I have on occasion said some pretty stupid stuff. Nothing outrageous, but definitely not politically correct. Not things that would land you in a bar fight, but things that would get a few odd stares from some more 'sensitive' people.

2. Panzers

Panzers Member Knight

Good application. I like people that shoot for the top 1%. Being in UDL is about pushing yourself hard. Its not always easy, but its rewarding.

I'll go ahead and process your status as a recruit.