Archeage Unchained application - Farnham

Farnham

1. Why do you want to join UDL?

I want to join UDL because it's exactly what i'm looking for when joining a guild as listed below.

- Mature.
- Great knowledge of the game y'all in.
- Respectful
- Sense of brotherhood
- Active
- Dedicated

and the list goes on.

The fact you guys been together for such a long time show that it's not only bout beating content together. It's bout forming a brotherhood with people alike who want to play with great people and this is exactly what i'm looking for. As i get older, i understand that there's more to a guild than just playing with people to reach certain goals. The friendship you create, the people you meet will follow you on your journey until life force you to take a different path.

Gaming is more than logging on a game and killing monsters, it's meeting new people, playing with these people, getting to know them and have a great time with them. It's pushing your limits and helping others do the same while they also help you. I been talking with a few of y'all and gosh i had a great time getting to know y'all.

To conclude, the reason i want to join UDL is because i'm a dedicated player looking for players like me who want to both give it all and have a great time together while respecting the 5 pillars which IMO is a must to have a great guild/brotherhood.

2. What is your character name, and what does it mean to you?

The name Farnham come from one of my favorite hack and slash that i used to play called Diablo 1 he's also found in Diablo 3. That character lore, his dialogues were quite interesting to me. I always had a place in my heart for Farnham the drunk.

3. How did you find out about our guild? Do you have a member of UDL who can vouch for you?

I found out about UDL back in the early Archeage/Albion Online days.

I was playing with a group of french players who had a good relationship with UDL and back then i always heard great things bout UDL. At one point i got the chance to play within the same alliance and oh boy! you guys are awesome people. Very dedicated, respectful, great knowledge of the game and that's something i cherish.

The professionalism, expertise and utmost respect that was shown during our conversations, group events was something that i been seeking while playing online games. Considering i spend most of my time playing online games, surrounding myself with players alike is my main priority.

4. When do you usually play? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? What country/timezone do you live in?

I'm from Québec which is EST timezone. I usually play between 12-16+ hours a day. I work on the computer as a job so this give me all the freedom i need to play video games. You can usually find me online between 9h AM until late night (Usually 3-4 AM).

5. Describe your past MMO experiences. What is your guild history?

I been playing video games since i was 6 years old. I first started mmorpg playing Ultima Online, The fourth coming, Everquest, Dark age of Camelot and from there the other mainstream mmorpg (Wow, AA, Bless Online, MU...)

I been part of a few french guilds. I had to change guilds quite often as the french population can be quite low on some games which forced me to find a new guild when needed due to the previous guild "dying" due to inactivity. Main reasons i stayed in french guilds was to play with friends. When friends are not involved, i usually find myself in the more hardcore guild since i love to push my limits by giving it all until i can't and when i can't do more, that's when i start studying and practicing strategies to get better.

On WoW i was part of a hardcore raiding guild on both Vanilla, TBC. I'm having issues recalling the guild name since it's way back. I was a Holy Paladin back then.

On Albion Online, i was part of a french group known as (Les coureurs des bois, Exilium Infernum, Mighty Frogs) and then went to Blue Army when half our players stopped playing Albion Online. (I was known as "Kevin")

6. Tell us a little about yourself. Age? Likes and dislikes? Anything at all you'd like to share. Here is your chance to set yourself apart from other applicants.

I'm 34 years old. Been gaming since i was a young kid. Gaming been a huge part of my life and because of it, it helped me create friendships, get self confidence , learn English and learn how to deal with all kind of people. It helped improve my patience, my hunger to reach my goals and give me all the tools i need to become a better version of myself. It also helped dealing with negative people, people who have only one goal which is to take down other people with them in their misery.

I consider myself a very mature person . Very respectful and always willing to help others when i have an answer to their problems. If i don't have an answer, i'll try to find the answer with them so i can improve my knowledge on said subject. I'm someone you can count on when time is needed and if i tell you that i'll do something, you can be sure i'll do it.

I love activities such as soccer, paintball, fishing, hiking, watching movies with friends, gaming, theory crafting , talking on discord with friends to get through life with great people.

Food wise i love smoothies! Smoothies = life! Oh and also Chicken breast. Yummy!

What i dislike the most are fake people, people that lack respect or lie bout everything to feel better. Almost forgot, I HATE POTATOES!

7. What is your preferred play style? PvP, crafting, gathering, or any combination of these?

I have no specific play style. I do everything the game has to offer me. I love both PvP and PvE and usually craft to get the items i need and friends need. As for gathering/mob grinding, it's something i love doing when there's no guild activity planned to keep progressing toward end game goals. You will rarely find me wandering around doing nothing. If i'm online, you can be sure i'll be doing something that help my progression and friend/guild progression. It's really important to me that the guild, my friends and myself progress in the right direction.

Everyone matters when we're talking bout a group.

8. What excites you the most about the game you are applying for?

Archeage is one of my favorite MMO out there. Everything bout Archeage feels great to me. The lore, the OST, the fishing system, the way labor works which force you to theorycraft, the PvE/PvP aspect of archeage, world bosses, boss events, crafting system, trade packs, land system.

I love how guild members need to work hard together toward specific goals against other guilds,factions that also have the same goal. It push everyone to give their best to reach said goals. It create a sense of "brotherhood" within the guild and create new friendships. It's wonderful.

9. Based on the document you were directed to read, "Being an Undead Lord", which is your strongest pillar? Which is your weakest?

I work on the computer and the work field i'm in require all these pillars to be in check. It's something i attuned myself to be as a person.

Without respect, honor, loyalty, professionalism and dedication i wouldn't get the same results and the brand i represent wouldn't be the same since these pillars are a must when dealing with people.

Without Honor, Respect, Loyalty you'll have a hard time getting people respect back. It's three core values that you need to have if you want a good relationship with your clients and other players you meet online on your journey.

Dedication and professionalism are a must! Otherwise you won't learn to push yourself above your limits which in return make you a better version of yourself. Going to the gym helped me understand that if you don't push yourself, you'll get stuck at a certain level. If you push above what your body can handle, that's when you start growing muscles and start your progress.

To answer the question, i'd say my best pillar are the five pillars. I have to have them all in check otherwise i wouldn't be able to do what life require me to do every day of my life.

My worst pillar would be dedication. Not because i'm not dedicated enough but because i'm too dedicated sometimes which make me sleep less. When it come down to gaming/business it's a plus but when we're talking bout my health, sometimes i can feel it that i don't sleep enough. Tho since i have a good diet/exercise daily it compensate for the lack of sleep.

Last edited: