Application to Legends of Aria - LaneKiffin

LaneKiffin

1. Why do you want to join UDL? (Minimum: 1 paragraph)
I joined this game to get the best experience out of the player vs player the game has to offer. In order for me to do this I need to surround myself with others that are equally wishing to play to the best of their ability. After joining the game I quickly found out that UDL had not only a very tight knit community but the top pvp'ers in the red faction. After playing with this group for a few weeks now I have grown to enjoy the way they view the game and how well they work together thus I want to be a part of it.

2. What is your character name, and what does it mean to you?
I have a few character names one with a background story to it and others that are meant to be comedic. LaneKiffin is a football coach ridiculed by people in my home state of Tennessee and my friends (one that is also applying) gave me the nickname because I used to steal their kills in fps games. I have other names such as Bobby Boucher (waterboy) and SimpleJack (Tropic Thunder) that are meant for comedic reactions.

3. How did you find out about our guild? Do you have a member of UDL who can vouch for you?
I am currently in a red guild called KAOS that allied with UDL in LoA and have found myself almost exclusively playing with UDL members since the alliance. Lord Mark, Kenian, Theseus, and Hooligan I believe can vouch for me.

4. When do you usually play? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? What country/timezone do you live in?
I normally play throughout the day outside of college courses and throughout the night (I do not sleep very much) so my schedule is sporadic. I recently got out of the military and am back in college for another degree in NA central time zone.

5. Describe your past MMO experiences. What is your guild history?
I played first in Guild Wars when I was much younger but was not very competitive. Then played SWTOR with a friend group again not very competitive. Then played in Archeage for a number of years in a pirate guild just harassing people similar to LoA. I played with my friend Huck Finn who is applying in UO a few years ago in a number of guilds that were still playing also not very competitive. Recently I have been playing Black Desert Online exclusively in the number 1-2 guild on the server called Blackrose that was extremely competitive. We had structured pvp/practices with set nodewar/siege times throughout the week. In the past month I have almost retired from the game upon reaching the top 1% in gear. That is why when I came to LoA I was looking for a guild that was equally competitive in pvp with shotcalling and class composition similar to BDO. UDL I have found to be the only guild that is striving for that and it shows when they frequently win while outnumbered.

6. Tell us a little about yourself. Age? Likes and dislikes? Anything at all you'd like to share. Here is your chance to set yourself apart from other applicants. (Minimum: 1 paragraph)
I am a 27 year old who is studying network security that likes to play video games on his past time. I like to hang out with people that are laid back but want to be top dogs in activities they invest time into. I dislike people that play games casually and don't try to help the overall group. For example I like to see everyone putting their best effort to play classes that put the group succeeding over personal gain. I'm always up to poke fun at people and be poked fun at to lighten the mood. Overall I'm looking for a good time both in game and out.

7. What is your preferred play style? PvP, crafting, gathering, or any combination of these?
I'm mainly looking to PVP but after my previous games I noticed that PVE plays just as an important part in succeeding in an MMO. With this in mind I have multiple accounts in LoA with GM'd crafters and GM'd pvp characters. I normally only PVE to make sure my PVP characters have the best gear/skills available.

8. What excites you the most about the game you are applying for?
I am fascinated by the full loot system. Not many games I've previously played have anything like it and it adds a whole new aspect to winning or losing in pvp. It makes dying in this game feel that much worse likewise it makes winning feel amazing. Hopefully we can do a lot more of the latter.

9. Based on the document you were directed to read, "Being an Undead Lord", which is your strongest pillar? Which is your weakest?
My strongest pillar would have to be dedication only because I have already pushed myself to be as good at pvp/worth having in a group as I can in the month I've played LoA.
My weakest is probably professionalism, I do not use racial slurs or anything but when someone talks trash to me after being killed in game I like to talk back. I find it sort of fun to see how upset people can get in game and tend to poke the bees nest if provoked. I would never go so far as to hurt the reputation of UDL or anything of that sort just like to have fun.