Application to Join UDL - I play LOA

Discussion in 'Apply to the Undead Lords' started by XvekeZ / BizzY, Jan 6, 2019.

1. XvekeZ / BizzY

XvekeZ / BizzY New Member

1. Why do you want to join UDL? (Minimum: 1 paragraph)
    I've applied before (there's one if you search now, by an old friend that is not me but attached my name to it?? Inferno is he, I am XvekeZ!), and then for whatever reason or another, my path in life took me a different direction (to not be able to play games). I've always seen you guys around, always seen as a force, and I know that any game I go to that I'd be interested in, I'll find a like-minded team to adventure with. Also, I'm always on the side of PK (and don't play games that aren't full loot.. except *sigh* WoW with my now Ex) and this guild has always done it right. I love the RP thing too, very fun!

2. What is your character name, and what does it mean to you?
    XvekeZ - Been my handle for over 20 years. I had quite a lot of "fame" in UO and this typically my main character's name. I made it up, meant nothing, like the sound of it and the abbreviation of X.
    BizzY - My second main handle/name I go by, in a less formal sense. Creation of Lake Austin server, 4 buddies and I all made Bone Thug chars. It just stuck.
    SpiDeRbaBy - Character is always my griefer char. My oldest name I've been using, since '99. Nostalgic and very much enjoy griefing non-guilded/allieds!

3. How did you find out about our guild? Do you have a member of UDL who can vouch for you?
    Nefarius is my real life friend, and I've been gaming with him for almost my entire gaming life. If we're both playing games together, we're together. He's not officially a member yet. I did play with Casimir, Boomweave, and others during CB1 on LoU - got frustrated with the wipe and quit. Probably not the best example, but Akasha knows me very well, and perhaps he would speak highly of me from an outside (but possibly still valued?) perspective.

4. When do you usually play? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? What country/timezone do you live in?
    I'm divorced, but my kids live out of state. Once a month I fly out to see them, for a few days (2-4). Potentially in the summers I may have them for an extended period of time- I wouldn't be playing before 8pm-ish on weeknights if that were to happen. I'm also dating heavily, once to twice a week and often new people so it's totally random. Outside of these times, and my typical work day (6am-5pm m-f) I'm all about playing and being available to the guild. I'm PST, live in S.F. Bay Area.

5. Describe your past MMO experiences. What is your guild history?
    Ultima Online - [+R+] Ressurection, a bob guild (became RL friends/ roommates with creators of it), and Akasha's champ spawn guild - I forget the name
    Asheron's Call - Don't remember
    Dark Age of Camelot - Don't remember
    Shadowbane - [The Damned]
    World of Warcraft - [Gloryhogs][The Pwny Express]
    Lineage 2 - Never did!
    Angel Island - BizzY, XvekeZ, a bob

6. Tell us a little about yourself. Age? Likes and dislikes? Anything at all you'd like to share. Here is your chance to set yourself apart from other applicants. (Minimum: 1 paragraph)
    36, and for the past 6 years or so I haven't been gaming. I got married, had kids, did the whole dedication thing and got fucked over really bad. I'm hopeful, and continuing to get myself out there. My kids just recently moved out of state, and I have free time for the first time in 6 years. Ultima Online was always "it" for me. I absolutely loved the PvP; until they ruined it, and dueling/tournaments. I often hosted tournaments, and even more often competed. I'm an "oldschooler" and a PK at heart, always have been and always will be. If you used to browse UOPowergamers.com and read their guides for how to advance your skills.. I wrote them mofo's. Every damn one, under "XvekeZ" handle.

7. What is your preferred play style? PvP, crafting, gathering, or any combination of these?
    PvP straight up. However I always make a crafter that has gathering, and I want to eventually have a maxed out tamer in the guild. I know it all helps, and I'm all about helping the whole. If you ever need me to stop pvp'ing and go chop trees, you'll only have to ask once!

8. What excites you the most about the game you are applying for?
    UO Nostalgic feel. It's close enough, but with way better graphics and new dynamics, so I'm thoroughly enjoying it. I am a bit concerned with the population size, and I really hope the game takes off- as the only thing I think that would convince me to leave it would be the death to the population.

9. Based on the document you were directed to read, "Being an Undead Lord", which is your strongest pillar? Which is your weakest?
    This is an easy question for me to answer.

Loyalty is my strongest pillar. I'm a loyal person in real life, as loyal as they come, and it communicates well through games. I've always been of the mindset to help the whole, not myself,. Simply by sharing my guild tag, you have my respect, and my fealty.

-The three pillars I'm not mentioning are all prevalent, just under that of my loyalty.

Honor I think will be perceived as my weakest. I will easily project a great reputation, and conform to all rules (really, easily!) however I'm not a huge talker yet on Discord, and it will likely take me longer to gain mutual respect from others because of this. Honestly, I'm just on the shy side.. I speak when spoken to or if I have something to say, and I don't have hangups around it, I just rarely shoot the shit unless I'm comfortable with the people listening. That, and Nef already beat me to saying it, first!

P.S. Apologies for the text book above. I tend to spare no details in work and in explaining anything.

2. Ponder

Ponder Active Member Knight

Handled