Application to Crowfall - RiotSnow

Discussion in 'Apply to the Undead Lords' started by Alex, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Alex

Alex New Member

1. Why do you want to join UDL? (Minimum: 1 paragraph)

I'm interested in joining a community of well versed pvp'ers. I'm new to the hardcore MMO genre and have been getting super deep in crowfall but want to be a part of a community that is active and actually trying to be competitive.

2. What is your character name, and what does it mean to you?

My characters name is RiotSnow. I'm generally "Snow" in every game i play, it's meaning is pretty simple : back when i started playing games around Age of Empires 2 I thought one word, noun names were the hotness, been snow ever since :p.

3. How did you find out about our guild? Do you have a member of UDL who can vouch for you?

I found out about your guild from Jagour in Crowfall. He kinda schooled me on the base harvesting mechanics of the game and that made me very quickly realize that UL was full of very knowledgeable people. I don't know if he can vouch for me but I can say with certainty he can vouch that i won't serp you.

4. When do you usually play? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? What country/timezone do you live in?

I generally play in the evening (PST), and most of the day on weekends. I'm not available Friday and saturday nights (WoW raid night) and Wednesday evenings till much later (DnD). I'm living in California, USA.

5. Describe your past MMO experiences. What is your guild history?

I'm a WoW player. I've played all kinds of MMO's, but generally not the pvp type. In my wow past i guild lead a world top 100 guild during Wrath, and have since become more casual, currently raid leading for a casual heroic progression guild while trying to push Mythic +.

6. Tell us a little about yourself. Age? Likes and dislikes? Anything at all you'd like to share. Here is your chance to set yourself apart from other applicants. (Minimum: 1 paragraph)

I'm 27, I work in the games industry as a UX designer working on League of Legends. Whenever i play a game i generally go pretty deep on that game. My friends and i picked up Crowfall to give it a try, and while it didn't stick with many of them, I've found it to be pretty sticky myself. I'm greatly enjoying the depth of all the systems in the game (harvesting, crafting, pvp....each system is individually super deep) and i'm super excited to see where the game goes. I will again reiterate though that when it comes to these hardcore pvp games...i'm relatively new to them as a concept, and part of my interest in UL is the level of expertise that comes with some of the members here. I feel like you can only really get great at a game by playing with great people, UL has a very long reputation of being great at games such as this.

7. What is your preferred play style? PvP, crafting, gathering, or any combination of these?

At the moment I'm loving gathering, and i'm loving ganking. Ganking has been 50/50 for me. Being new to crowfall it's been hard to catch up and be able to make good things, especially solo, so with only common/poor gear/weaps/vessel I'm pretty limited in who I can gank. But last campaign i pulled out 7-8 lvl 30 kills and 20-30 low level ganks. Was a ton of fun.

8. What excites you the most about the game you are applying for?

I think the depth of the harvesting and crafting experience in the game is the most exciting thing. The things you craft in crowfall have *enormous* impact on your ability to pvp and play the game...this makes every interaction with the environment meaningful in some way.

9. Based on the document you were directed to read, "Being an Undead Lord", which is your strongest pillar? Which is your weakest?

I'd have to say Professionalism is my strongest pillar, while dedication my weakest. It's not to say i'm not dedicted. But at the moment i find myself juggling a few different games with deep interest in all of them. Generally when i pick up a game like Crowfall i like to be able to 4-5 hours a day everyday so i can really dig into the systems...but at the moment i find myself only really being able to pour time in on the weekends and occasional weekdays.

PainDotCom likes this.
  2. Jagour

Jagour New Member

#1 Serper NA right here guys be aware!

But no in all seriousness thanks for the solid app Mr. Snow! Jump in our Discord and hang out in the Crowfall Public channel and we will drag you down as needed into the hidden ones. This will go on for a week or two while we get to know eachother. Your Soul for Myrkul!

PainDotCom likes this.