Application to Conqueror's Blade - Syntheticwisdom

syntheticwisdom

1. Why do you want to join UDL?

I've been gaming on PC for the better part of the last 20 years since I was about eight. In that time, having a solid group to play with is what kept me in games the longest. Seeing a group span decades and multiple games is always a nice sight to see. I'd like to be a part of that. I appreciate a mature group. I don't care for guild politics that often flair up in MMOs for whatever reason. I just want to play games I like with people I enjoy. Pretty simple stuff.

2. What is your character name, and what does it mean to you?

Syntheticwisdom. I've been using this name for the last 6 years. Honestly, I came up with it while sitting at an old job (parts department at a car dealership) and I saw a bottle of synthetic oil. Around the same time a friend of mine called me wise but I didn't particularly feel it. So, Syntheticwisdom was born. Since then it's come to be my unique online calling card and I've become quite fond of it.

3. How did you find out about our guild? Do you have a member of UDL who can vouch for you?

My cousin, Rawkus, is a current member that plays in LoA. I'm hoping me playing can help get him back into the game.

4. When do you usually play? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? What country/timezone do you live in?

I'm a no-lifer and dog walker so I'm available more often than not. I live in NYC so peak EST is always good for me.

5. Describe your past MMO experiences. What is your guild history?

Been playing MMOs since Rawkus got me into Ultima Online when we were kids. Since then I've played just about every major MMO to release. I suppose the ones I ended up playing the most were WoW, CoH (playing again thanks to its recent resurrection), GW2, and ESO. I usually am just a guild member. There have been a handful of times where I've served as an officer. In ESO I was a co-founder of a guild and have continued to play with that group of people in various other games over the years.

6. Tell us a little about yourself. Age? Likes and dislikes? Anything at all you'd like to share. Here is your chance to set yourself apart from other applicants. (Minimum: 1 paragraph)

I'm 28. I enjoy my family, gaming, and my dog. That's about it. I'm not a particularly complex person. I dislike arrogance and ego. I'm not one to start shit but I will absolutely call someone out for being an asshole, regardless of who they are.

7. What is your preferred play style? PvP, crafting, gathering, or any combination of these?

PvX but PvP has always been my focus

8. What excites you the most about the game you are applying for?

It kind of feels like MB: Warband but like slightly less good? Hoping there will be further improvements because it has a lot of potential. Not sure if you have any presence in them but the other games currently in my rotation are City of Heroes, Mordhau, and BFV.

9. Based on the document you were directed to read, "Being an Undead Lord", which is your strongest pillar? Which is your weakest?

Professionalism is my strongest. At the end of the day we're all here to unwind and have fun. No reason to gum up the works with BS. My weakest is probably dedication. I'll certainly put hours into games but I like to powerlevel when possible and hit max level. So I tend to be a little impatient if a game has a slower leveling system.