Application to Albion - Zirenal

Discussion in 'Apply to the Undead Lords' started by Zirenal, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Zirenal

Zirenal New Member

1. Why do you want to join UDL? (Minimum: 1 paragraph)

In my brief experience with UDL, you have quickly shown me that you are a mature and respectable group of gamers. Learning about your history builds a confidence in me that I have not held in a long time. I want to be a member of UDL because I feel that I can maintain this image of excellence UDL presents. Respect is earned, and that being placed in the foreground is a message I can honorably stand behind.

2. What is your character name, and what does it mean to you?

Zirenal is a name I've used for many years to represent my fantasy character. I see him as a continuation of the same spirit through all games I play. One that takes unique approaches to challenges. I've never believed in "Power Gaming" and Zirenal never intentionally uses broken builds or manipulates his way through events. If he is victorious, it is through ingenuity and shear force of will, where victory tastes it's most savory.

3. How did you find out about our guild? Do you have a member of UDL who can vouch for you?

Recently I joined the Kingdom of Blackheart discord in preperation for Chronicles of Elyria, a game I've been awaiting release of for a few years now. Barricuda was my point of contact with UDL. I was invited to come along for a few group ups on Albion and I was hooked. I hope I've made a positive impression on him and the rest of the UDL knights.

4. When do you usually play? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? What country/timezone do you live in?

I am on the West Coast, GMT -8. I usually have time to game in the early mornings and late nights. But I am generally flexible with my time to accommodate planned get togethers and in game events.

5. Describe your past MMO experiences. What is your guild history?

I started in guilds back in Everquest. My good friend invited me to come play with his guild and I loved the experience. We were like family, and that has set the standard for me ever sense. I recently was leading a small clan in Foxhole, garnering respect from the community as a reliable and honorable group of guys that were always happy to help new players and veterans a like.

6. Tell us a little about yourself. Age? Likes and dislikes? Anything at all you'd like to share. Here is your chance to set yourself apart from other applicants. (Minimum: 1 paragraph)

I am 27, going to school finally after working through most of my 20's. I love gaming because of it's sense of community, and theory crafting takes up most of my thinking during the off times. I enjoy exercising outdoors and going for long walks, where I ponder and then write short stories and poems to organize my thoughts. I am also a musician, a drummer that toured with a local band in a small circuit for a year. away from the computer, I love table top gaming and Dungeons & Dragons, specifically as a GM. I love building worlds and writing stories for characters and the people that play them.

7. What is your preferred play style? PvP, crafting, gathering, or any combination of these? \

I think at heart i'll always be a gatherer/crafter type. The Engineer who happily builds up stockpiles in the back for his guild mates. Combat will always be enjoyable, but it will never compare to creating and maintaining a well oiled logistics machine. It is what I think sets me apart as a player.

8. What excites you the most about the game you are applying for?

Albion has been a great MMO to jump into after so many years. MMO's are a frustrating breed, with a lot of garbage options to sift through. The trend of Pay-To-win and Grinders has been a turn off for me. Albion is a respectable title, with a reasonable economy and combat system that is flexible and can be modified constantly to suit whatever play style, which is great for someone who likes to experiment with builds.

9. Based on the document you were directed to read, "Being an Undead Lord", which is your strongest pillar? Which is your weakest?

By far I would align myself with Honor. A powerful word that means, to project a respectable image to all around you above all else. Respect is a currency earned by doing great tasks, growing your skill sets and dominating enemies, but honor is the banner you wear on your back that paints your real image.

If I must choose one to be a weak point I'd have to choose loyalty, solely because I feel loyalty is earned over a long period of time, and is in some ways the most temporal of the pillars. Full loyalty is also not achieved until it is an evenly paved 2-way street.

2. Barricuda

Barricuda New Member

This is a shining example of a worthy Application. I am happy to welcome you into our faction.