Application to Albion Online - Portbott

Portbot

1. Why do you want to join UDL? (Minimum: 1 paragraph)
Reading up on the guild history is refreshing. I like the idea of a cross-game guild that doesn't pop up for a few weeks or months, die out, and reform down the road with entirely new membership. Being able to play with the same people as time goes on is one of my favorite parts of gaming.

2. What is your character name, and what does it mean to you?
Probably 10 years ago or more, I made a character on Everquest 2 that I named Portbot. I played that character for years, joining the reigning PvP-focused guild, and sticking with them until the games ultimate demise. I gained a decent reputation over the years and have stuck with the name since others that played with me at the time will recognize it and strike up conversation.

3. How did you find out about our guild? Do you have a member of UDL who can vouch for you?
UDL was spoken highly of by a pal of mine who has played with you all in the past. CurvedJohnson

4. When do you usually play? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? What country/timezone do you live in?
I'm typically available tuesday-friday during late afternoon and evening hours. I'm in the US - living in Colorado and live in the mountain time zone.

5. Describe your past MMO experiences. What is your guild history?
My primary past MMO was Everquest 2. I dabbled here and there when I was young, but that's the one I stuck with. I primarily played on the PVP server, spending enough time to see guilds I'd joined dissolve to time, and moving on. I ultimately landed in the top PVP/raid guild on the server and spent the next 5 years playing with them until time ultimately dissolved that guild as well. Since then, I've mostly moved away from MMOs, but have retained the same group of people I play with - now going on 5 years or so.

6. Tell us a little about yourself. Age? Likes and dislikes? Anything at all you'd like to share. Here is your chance to set yourself apart from other applicants. (Minimum: 1 paragraph)
I'll be turning 27 in early July. Originally from the southeast part of the US, I've been living in Colorado for about 2 years. I have an amazing wife, stepson, and a little one of my own on the way in the next few weeks. Family comes first for me, and I'm all about it.

We love the outdoors and live close enough to the mountains for plenty of hiking and camping, so we take plenty of opportunities to indulge in both.

7. What is your preferred play style? PvP, crafting, gathering, or any combination of these?
I do a combination of all playstyles, but my focus is definitely going to be PVP first, and PVE second.

8. What excites you the most about the game you are applying for?
Albion's sandbox style and free loot system is something difficult to find. Judging risk vs reward and the always impending threat of PVP makes for an exciting game.

9. Based on the document you were directed to read, "Being an Undead Lord", which is your strongest pillar? Which is your weakest?
Loyalty is probably my strongest.
Dedication is what some would call my weakness. Work, especially during busy seasons, can impact playtimes and make me seem to ghost. I also will always pick my family over playing games. I wouldn't say I have a shortage of playtime, but I also wouldn't say I have an abundance. I take care of what I have to take care of on the IRL front, while gaming is my free time. Sometimes that free time is a good bit more than it is other times. No matter how it plays out, I'll always keep who I can in the loop about IRL situations and how it can or may affect playtimes.