Application for membership, playing wow, but really just joining for the family

traves

Application:

1. Why do you want to join UDL? (Minimum: 1 paragraph)
Ive played with you guys for years, just never officially. I like the sense of community. Skunk brought me around at first. And I really enjoyed all the time I spent playing with you guys.

2. What is your character name, and what does it mean to you?
Traves/Kraves/krayves, depending on what I can get, Traves is my middle name, Kraves is a mix between my first name and middle (Karl tRAVES)

3. How did you find out about our guild? Do you have a member of UDL who can vouch for you?
Skunk

4. When do you usually play? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? What country/timezone do you live in?
Im in central time, I live in Minnesota currenty, but I go to Michigan and Florida frequently. I'm always available, as I work from home, and goto school from home.

5. Describe your past MMO experiences. What is your guild history?
Ever since DAOC if i played a game you guys did, I was trying to be on your server. Though being only 20 years old when I originally was running through TBC with you guys I didn't really understand the greater aspect of what UDL was and the commitment that it meant to be a member. Now I am ready to commit.

6. Tell us a little about yourself. Age? Likes and dislikes? Anything at all you'd like to share. Here is your chance to set yourself apart from other applicants. (Minimum: 1 paragraph)
I'm 31 years old, I shred keisel guitars and am in school for game design. I have a band, though we are not great. I have 2 dogs that are amazing. and I like to live life to have the least amount of stress possible, always working to compromise, and get the best possible outcomes for all involved parties. I'm currently focusing on my homebrew game projects, the main one is a new VR game. I think VR technology has made amazing strides, and I see the level of immersion in games only increasing. I'll need a family to forsake the real world with once we are living in virtual realities. I main tanked for the 10 man B group in both Karazan days, and in wrath. Led by Kadem and Madz. and still switched specs whenever you guys were running 25 mans to heal and cover a cc, memorable days of ssc and gruul/mags.

7. What is your preferred play style? PvP, crafting, gathering, or any combination of these?
I'm a pvp'er at heart, but I also take my understanding of class mechanics and rules of the game and bending them to suit me in any aspect I choose to follow. I usually go which way the wind is blowing, and if I can go with people I enjoy spending time with, it really doesnt matter what I'm doing.

8. What excites you the most about the game you are applying for?
Reliving the nostalgia with some of the same people I experienced it with the first time. Plus im trying to top those meters in unconventional ways.

9. Based on the document you were directed to read, "Being an Undead Lord", which is your strongest pillar? Which is your weakest?
my strongest pillar? Dedication, I play games to figure out why they work and how they work, to be the best version of myself I can be in the game. Its how I enjoy games.
My weakest pillar? Probably professionalism. I think faster than I type. And my language is not always appropriate. Plus I treat everything for the most part like it doesn't matter( I haven't brushed my hair in like 2 months, hand tattoos, disregarding societal norms, the usual) I tend to let my "work" or efforts overshadow the things I say and how I present myself, because I hold myself to such a high standard when it comes to those 2 things, they make up for my lack of professionalism. (at least in my mind)

For those of you that would like to see my husky "fenrir" or my guitars "Freyja, and Kvasir" I only named the 2 I like Ill provide my IG link.

Last edited: