Application for CoE - Dorran "Raven" Crookshank

Discussion in 'Apply to the Undead Lords' started by Dorran "Raven" Crookshank, May 24, 2017.

1. 1. What is your character name in CoE, and what does it mean to you?
    My character name in CoE will be Dorran Crookshank but for the purposes of "jobs" i'd like to be known as "Raven". For me, the code name "Raven" is based off of a character from a book series called The Chronicles of the Black Company.

2. What are your usual daily playing times, and what would your average time invested per week total? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable?
    College courses permitting, I will be on around 1-3 hours during the weekdays and anywhere from 3-5+ on weekends as I basically have no outside life. I'd like to be able to get at least 10 hours a week in and as far as days/times where i'll be unavailable will depend on when the game releases (as my problem with my courses will no longer exist if the game launches while i'm on break).

3. What is your guild or clan history in previous games?
    The very first Guild I was part of was called The Eternal Champions in World of Warcraft - Vanilla Bonzebeard server. I was young(er) at the time and that environment really built me into a kind of "Guild First" mentality. Over time the guild disintegrated due to people leaving WoW. later I joined another guild called "Moonwalkers" which got me my first hands on experience with voice chat coordination. After a while, my dissatisfaction with WoW lead me to leave that guild too, and that's as far as that history goes.

4. Why do you want to join UDL? (Minimum: 1 paragraph)
    The reason why I want to join the Undead Lords is because the way you guys sound like you're going to run this guild is the most fun way I can see in terms of getting making a difference in the games story. By consistently growing combat skills early on in the game as well as securing a consistent flow of revenue by working as a mercenary group, I can see the UDL become a force that will shape the history of Elyria. Another reason why I want to join UDL is because you have a background in roleplaying which is a huge interest of mine especially since CoE has such an immersive chat system with the whisper/say/yell and a separation between your identity and your character.

5. Describe your past MMO experiences.
    I've played World of Warcraft and Guild Wars 2 as my only MMO experiences. Everything else was filled in with Survival games like 7 days to die and Grand Strategy games like Total War Warhammer.

6. To succeed in Chronicles of Elyria, in our chosen path, it may require you to take the souls of those who are innocent, and have not wronged you. You will walk a shadowy and dark path. Do you have any qualms about this direction?
    I do not. If it is for the benefit of the group then I am willing to prove my loyalty however I can.

7. How did you find out about our guild? (website/member/recruitment post/etc)
    All through the CoE forums.

8. Tell us a little about yourself. Age? Likes and dislikes? Anything at all you'd like to share. Here is your chance to set yourself apart from other applicants. (Minimum: 1 paragraph)
    I am 24 years old prior service member living in Hawaii, as mentioned before I basically have no outside life so video games is one of my passions that I fill my life with (along with tabletop DnD). I really like making tactical decisions in games when it comes to planning an assault or coordinating an ambush.

9. What is your preferred play style? PvP, Crafting or Gathering? (or any combination of these)
    I would say it is a combination of the three. My preferred PvP style is a ranged/support so in CoE i'm looking to be proficient in Archery as well as various survival skills to make the overall goals of the UDL easier such as crafting poisons, maps, scouting, and infiltrating.

10. What most excites you about CoE?
    The ability to shape the overall story in CoE is what excites me the most, which is why I want to be part of UDL! It is a dream of mine to one day lead a small task force to carry out the covert plans of the guild and with the amount of creative freedom CoE will give us in terms of how we go about it.

2. Panzers

Panzers Member Knight

Raven,

Good App. UDL has a long history in role playing, and while it has migrated to be more PvP centric over the years, it is good to see an appreciation for story building. Souls for Myrkul!

To get you set up for CoE I will need you to jump on our UDL discord and ping me. From there I can work on your permissions etc.

Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Lord Panzer